how much to send wheels from UK to USA?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

dcj9

by dcj9

can you help me?
Anyone recently sent a boxed pair of wheels from UK to USA, insured?

how much did it cost?

thanks for your time

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

artray

by artray

I have done this , The cheapest price was at the post office £54 , wheels weighed 1300grms.
I just covered them for a couple of hundred pounds . If your wheels weigh more and you want more cover then minimum £75-£100 . If you go Fed ex etc you are looking well over £100.

dcj9

by dcj9

cheers for that artray :thumbup:

sungod

by sungod

if they're costly wheels, make sure you've got 100% backup of value and condition before shipping

we send rf survey equipment by courier regularly, dhl, fedex etc., it usually gets there, but stuff does get damaged in transit, even in tough cases with loads of padding, and every now and then something goes missing

either way, processing a claim is a long business, and you have to have records of what you shipped and the value

take pictures of the wheels immediately before shipping, show them in their protective packing, and the boxes once sealed, make sure the contents and value are spot on - misdeclaring a value for customs will leave you stuffed if you need to make a claim

nothing should go wrong, but if it does, your life will be easier

dcj9

by dcj9

noted advice :thumbup: