http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=103795

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Homer

by Homer

Here´s my ride, ready to rock in a 70.3 IM on sunday :D

I´m considdering pink cables, and would like to add some more pink to it. A girly thing, I guess.
Do you have any suggestions?

yrodriguez317

by yrodriguez317

if it were me, i would do white bar tape and pink cables.

Ahillock

by Ahillock

Lots of nice bikes in here.

el condor wrote:The UCI compliant Shiv's are to me the nicest tt-machines out there.

I think the new P5 took that honor away.

davidrichardson

by davidrichardson

Has a new P5 delivery date been issued yet tho?

I looked at buying one but there are none into the UK until August I was told at best. Agree they look awesome though
Tester for PMR@cing / www.Biketart.com

Cyco

by Cyco

Homer, you could also get a pink front hub, though it wont be the same shade as the other parts
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

el condor

by el condor

Juanmoretime wrote:
Ahillock wrote:Lots of nice bikes in here.

el condor wrote:The UCI compliant Shiv's are to me the nicest tt-machines out there.

I think the new P5 took that honor away.

According to Cervelo. :smartass: The problem with the latest greatest is how well does your body fit on it and is it a position of you creating power and having comfort. I look at frames like shoes. Even though the manufacturer makes different sizes there are many individuals that that shoe will not work for them.

I absolutely agree, a frame/bar combo should allow to move in between the dimensions one might have had on a previous tt rig, or what a fitting session recommends-with some space to find the sweet spot.

Andy284

by Andy284

preludervtec wrote:
Andy284 wrote:... and here is my wife's Ridley Dean TT bike. Saddle changed from ISM back to Aspide after a 100mile TT on Sunday.

That is the Firecrest 404 Tubular on the front with Conti Podium TT 22mm. GP4000S tub on the back.
[Ridley Dean]

Did you just say a 100 mile TT!!!??!?!?!??!?!!

Yes, her first 100mile TT. A women's club record at 4h 37min. She has temporarily removed the ISM saddle (due to bruising!), saddle mount bottle cage, Profile bar-bottle and top-tube picnicbag for this pic. She was able to ride in the TT position all the way to the end as she has been training for many hours in that position. She has also entered the National (UK) 100mile TT later this summer. I'll be there supporting with spare bottles and encouragement.

Dalai

by Dalai

Some really nice TT bikes posted! :thumbup:

My Cervelo P3 - latest iteration.

Recent changes

-Finally retired the Zipp 950 disc with 8 speed screw on block and replaced with the Zipp 900.
-Simkin Egg brakes
-Look aeroblade pedals - no faster but look good.
-Swapped out s-bends for ski bends.

Things still to do -

I will be swapping out the rear brake for a Shimano AX centrepull shortly as the narrow Egg brake is still too wide for the P3 stays. The cut out rear of the Egg brake sits out in the wind!
Still not happy with the front end. Came away from the windtunnel back in 2008 with a very good position, but the UCI banned my Vision tech bars! I don't think I have replicated that position yet... Looking at possibly dropping one or even both spacers at the front. Will then field test and see if there is aero improvement with minimal power loss.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I raced against Dalai yesterday for my first spin on the TT rig

my god I need to do some stretching to get used to it! :lol:

hansonator69

by hansonator69

Nice stem slammage, Nick. :thumbup:
Slam your stem.

53x12

by 53x12

davidrichardson wrote:Has a new P5 delivery date been issued yet tho?

I looked at buying one but there are none into the UK until August I was told at best. Agree they look awesome though

Members on slowtwitch have taken delivery already. Not sure when they ordered.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

And some suffering on it...

vladt

by vladt

..and suffering you are Nick... :shock:

On a related topic, why change to TT? Is this just to add a variety to your cycling life or training for TOB?
I am contemplating a TT rig atm, mainly for TOB but also to add another "dimension" to my training. Just would be nice to hear your perspective on this..

Cheers
Vlad

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Was never really a change per se, as I hasn't yet found my niche (except for clearly not being a climber :lol: ).

Also, especially given the amount of TT's I'd ever done, my results were better in them than anything else (ie: bunch sprints, break aways, etc). Coupled with my power profile, TT's made perfect sense.

So whilst I don't have the ability to suffer with the top guys up a 50min climb it seems I can suffer for that sort of time on a TT bike. Odd, but hey I won't argue.

Besides which, going fast is fun :twisted: so there will be a lot more TT's this season for sure.