Assos Orange/S2--any stock, anywhere

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

xrs2

by xrs2

Hi all,

Wondering if any of you know of any vendors who still have Assos bibs, knickers, bib tights, even half shorts with the orange S2 insert.

My very last pair of bibs with the orange insert is starting to lose its elasticity after 4 years of hard use and lots of washes. At least for me, the new blue/green insert is absolutely terrible. Would love to pick up as many pairs of bibs etc with the orange insert as I can.

Shame on Assos for taking a great product and making it, well, uncomfortable would be a very kind way of saying it. They should bring back the orange pad, perhaps in a classic line.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

You could try here:

http://www.assosfactoryoutlet.com/

It is genuine; Its run by the UK distributor (yellow).
Official cafe stop tester

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xrs2

by xrs2

Thanks! I think it is genuine, you can get there from the Assos website.

Unfortunately, as you might expect, there is a lot of stock in XXL and very little in S or M, and nothing with the S2 insert.

So sad. I know a lot of people who loved the S2 bibs...the S5 is just plain bad. I case of improving something that didn't need to be improved.

bluesea

by bluesea

I have an S2 shorts worn 2-4 times (I wear large), so it is very clean. Wish I could get a couple pairs of S2 bibs/blk, but the last time I saw it in LG, was at Ribble in white no less.