sl3

Sl4

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

Interesting mix. S-work framesets, yet rival build? Either way, Nice looking bikes! :thumbup:

jrennie

by jrennie

I've had Red on a couple bikes and couldn't really justify the cost difference for a race rig. The s-works frameset is due to a specialized team sponsorship.

hougo/

by hougo/

dolophonic wrote:Image

Hello dolophonic,
what's your saddle height and your drop (saddle/bar distance)?
I have a 54 SL2, i'm interessting by a SL3 in 52, but i don't know if it will fit verry well

Riderfou

by Riderfou

My SL4 Di2 w.weenie 8)

Will open a topic later to give you guys some more details!

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Riderfou, isn't the frame too big for you?
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Riderfou

by Riderfou

I would love to know how you made it to this conclusion, the answer is absolutely not :wink:

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Yeah....I agree. With that saddle height it looks like the frame is perfect size. Short stem says that you have long legs and a short torso.

Ghost234

by Ghost234

You have have REALLY long calves and short quads. The fact that you have a zero set back post, pushed fairly forward and a seat height that is fairly high is a weird fit.

jsinclair

by jsinclair

I don't think that stem is as short as you think its is. That is a huge bike, and my guess is that is probably around 110-120mm long. It just looks small on such an enormous frame.

Riderfou

by Riderfou

jsinclair wrote:I don't think that stem is as short as you think its is. That is a huge bike, and my guess is that is probably around 110-120mm long. It just looks small on such an enormous frame.

Yes, 110mm. Seat height and drop are perfectly in the usual range and seat setback is really a matter of numerous parameters and personal taste...

Anyway, why am I trying to justify a thoroughly tested fit when the original point why to share and exchange on w.weenies parts around a great frame :noidea: :D

cezinho

by cezinho

amazing bike, one of my favourits.
what is the weight?

I wish I had an SL4....

kgt

by kgt

I agree that such a huge frame cannot justify this seat-seatpost geometry and a 110mm stem. A smaller frame with a setback seatpost and a 130mm stem would ride better. Otherwise something custom that really fits you..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Riderfou

by Riderfou

cezinho wrote:amazing bike, one of my favourits.
what is the weight?

I wish I had an SL4....

Will put it on the scale tonight to get you the precise weight since I changed a bunch of things, but well sub 6Kg :)

kgt wrote:I agree that such a huge frame cannot justify this seat-seatpost geometry and a 110mm stem. A smaller frame with a setback seatpost and a 130mm stem would ride better. Otherwise something custom that really fits you..

You could make money... With a genius like you, actual in-shop bike fit is rendered meaningless! Setback makes a big difference on power transfer and balance, 130mm stem for me, ridiculous. If you have any kind of cycling experience I am really amazed that you can jump to your conclusions without even seeing the rider and how he rides the bike :unbelievable:

But again, not the point of the discussion...