New BMC Aero frame TMR01

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

djconnel

by djconnel

On the brake adjustability: maybe those brakes don't need to be adjusted as often as those with a single mount point. The two calipers are independently mounted.

Gazelleer

by Gazelleer

I can't help to find it funny that integrated rim brakes which were a novelty at the Milanese EICMA show in 1981 seem all the craze today, just before being outdated by hydraulic road discs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VNTech

by VNTech

Regarding the brake "fairing," the UCI has decided to interpret the rules such that a cover may exist if the structure as a whole still fits within the 3:1 ratio. That's why the Trek Speed Concept brake fairing, which is pretty much the same thing, is legal.
VeloNews Magazine/VeloNews.com tech

Phill P

by Phill P

If they make a non Di2 version, then I'm going to seriously want one of these! if they make the geometry like the SLR01 then I should be able to make a 57 work.

I don't normally go for horz TTs or seat stays that don't match up to the TT, but the whole style of the bike works for me

Well not the front brake shield the way it goes right up the HT. I like the covers with the front brakes, but not up the HT like a tiny external steerer. Does it use custom mini Vs then a Y cable like canterlevers??

BB30 with an adapter in the photos? Tapered head tube?

Matt black frame with anodized high lights would look HOT.
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

ichobi

by ichobi

I really hope it's not DI2/ electronic only because I really want to get one.

durkonion

by durkonion

Phill P wrote:BB30 with an adapter in the photos?

Looks like BB86 to me :/.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Great looking bike, but the S5 will crush it in the tunnel

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I usually ride my bike outside, not in a tunnel.
Is it just me? :noidea:
I also thought that most races are held outside with other people racing with you simultaneously. Have I been wrong this entire time? :|
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Oh don't worry, S5 will crush it outside as well

edit: but now you're going to say bikes don't ride themselves and probably something like aero doesn't matter. Right?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

No, just aero is not the be-all-and-end-all of riding. The S5 may "crush" in the tunnel, but so what? That's the tunnel.
It matters, but not nearly as much as marketing departments want someone to believe. Some aero? Good. Ride quality? More important.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

SSB

by SSB

prendrefeu wrote:No, just aero is not the be-all-and-end-all of riding. The S5 may "crush" in the tunnel, but so what? That's the tunnel.
It matters, but not nearly as much as marketing departments want someone to believe. Some aero? Good. Ride quality? More important.

I have to agree as a former S5 owner. There are just too many variables in the real world for aero to play a game-changing difference. Ride quality and aero tend to be qualities that have an inverse relationship, so where you fall on the spectrum determines what you should get.

That BMC looks like it'll be more comfortable than the S5 just by looking at the chainstays, but we'll see when it comes out.
Flickr
2012 Cannondale CAAD10

nigel379

by nigel379

BB30? Looks like BB86 or maybe even 386. You can see in a few pics that it can't be BB30 bc it is using a Shimano crank w/o an adapter. Disappointing.

It looks like it should be mechanical group compatible. You can see the blocked off plate on the right side of the headtube. Not sure if there are cable stops underneath the plate or if it will require full housing.

As for the brakes, I am guessing the BMC, like the new Madone, will use (or should use) either one of the new quick housing quick release (like the 4za one, see: http://www.4za.com/parts-a-spare-parts/ ... /122-quick) or a barrel adjuster with a steeper thread- so it takes less turns to make larger adjustments.

Looks to be a bit of the pain in the ass, but it is so sexy.

fa63

by fa63

I really like it, based on looks alone.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

justkeepedaling wrote:Great looking bike, but the S5 will crush it in the tunnel

You've got a thing for crushing haven't you... :wink:

ichobi

by ichobi

justkeepedaling wrote:Oh don't worry, S5 will crush it outside as well

edit: but now you're going to say bikes don't ride themselves and probably something like aero doesn't matter. Right?

By your logic, any riders on aero road bike (may be s5) would have won any race they entered.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com