Rotor q rings

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

markyboy

by markyboy

I have some rotor cranks and q rings coming this week.
Anyone know how to set up the front mech with these rings?
:beerchug:
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

beardking

by beardking

raise it up quite a bit, then its just trial and error. I didn't find it too hard took maybe 20-30 minutes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

I found it to be pretty easy, as well. Raised the front D up, until it cleared the outer ring, by about a millimeter, at the rings highest point. After that, just minor adjustments were needed to dial it in. Once I got it where it needed to be, I didn't have to mess with it, any more. Shifts up and down like it should, and I don't drop the chain, off either side.

markyboy

by markyboy

kevhogaz wrote:I found it to be pretty easy, as well. Raised the front D up, until it cleared the outer ring, by about a millimeter, at the rings highest point. After that, just minor adjustments were needed to dial it in. Once I got it where it needed to be, I didn't have to mess with it, any more. Shifts up and down like it should, and I don't drop the chain, off either side.

Thanks for that,i have the rotor cranks coming with the q rings and was worried it might be a pain to set up,reading some guys
on line they say it rubs.
I have super record 11 if that helps.
Anymore info i would be grateful.
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

markyboy wrote:
kevhogaz wrote:I found it to be pretty easy, as well. Raised the front D up, until it cleared the outer ring, by about a millimeter, at the rings highest point. After that, just minor adjustments were needed to dial it in. Once I got it where it needed to be, I didn't have to mess with it, any more. Shifts up and down like it should, and I don't drop the chain, off either side.

Thanks for that,i have the rotor cranks coming with the q rings and was worried it might be a pain to set up,reading some guys
on line they say it rubs.
I have super record 11 if that helps.
Anymore info i would be grateful.

When I set 'em up on the stand, no rubbing at all. The first time I rode 'em on the road, they rubbed like crazy. Adjusted the stop a little bit, and the rubbing was completely gone. I would say it's not really any harder than setting any front mech., just a little more tedious, and time consuming.

mjduct

by mjduct

no front mech needed if you go 1x11

saves a couple hundred grams and is the only true weight weenie way!!!

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

mjduct wrote:no front mech needed if you go 1x11

saves a couple hundred grams and is the only true weight weenie way!!!

BRILLIANT!!

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Think the alignment of the cage (parallel) is perhaps more important than SR and woudl agree that after some playing it can work just fine. I run Q Rings compact 50-36 with SRAM Red Ti Cage fd and a KCNC cassette which is supposed to be a real pigs breakfast of a shift combination and the shifting, although noticably slower than Capmags finest, works just fine and its not SO much slower that it like costs you anything in speed.

markyboy

by markyboy

All fitted :D seems just fine.
No problems at all.
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

sleepingmenace

by sleepingmenace

markyboy wrote:I have some rotor cranks and q rings coming this week.
Anyone know how to set up the front mech with these rings?

Make sure the front mech outer plate is perfectly parallel with the chainring itself, and adjust the height of the mech so the outer plate is exactly 2mm above the highest tooth on the ring.. will give you flawless shifting.

This is how I set mine up on both my bikes with Rotor Q-rings, and haven't had any shifting problems at all. The people who report shifting issues simply don't know how, or didn't bother to properly set up the front mech in relation to the chainring..
http://anotherdooratthe.endoftheinternet.org

Cycle related blog entries, including a few 5 minute reviews:
http://anotherdooratthe.endoftheinterne ... y/cycling/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com