Alternative for Brooks Swift leather saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

I have been using a Brooks Swift leather saddle on my bike for quite a while now, but I still can't say it is really comfortable for me. The reason for this I think is because the centre section of the saddle is too narrow for me.

Since the Swift is the only saddle shape from Brooks I like, I though of maybe getting a Gilles Berthoud saddle instead. Does anybody know from experience if any of the Gilles Berthoud saddles have a slightly wider centre section?

P.S. my favourite saddle is Fizik Arione

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mjduct

by mjduct

what about the B17 narrow?

the Arione is my go to saddle too for the high speed low drag stuff, but I am really wnjoying the b17 narrow on my singlespeed.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Selle San Marco Regale is available in leather as well
http://www.sellesanmarco.it/it/Collezio ... mance.html
Haven't tried it but it's said to be among the wider shapes. (Want to try it for my long distance / randonneur bike)

DavisWilly

by DavisWilly

I'll make a plug for a local company recently started by Deb Banks from the Davis Bike Club. She's a randonneur who's completed PBP and lots of other
ultracycling events so she knows her stuff. :thumbup: Maybe a bit heavy for a true WW but very comfortable and great quality.

http://rivetcycleworks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I tried one at NAHBS, really liked it and its on my short list for my new bike.....

rjfrzb

by rjfrzb

SWijland wrote:...

Since the Swift is the only saddle shape from Brooks I like, I though of maybe getting a Gilles Berthoud saddle instead. Does anybody know from experience if any of the Gilles Berthoud saddles have a slightly wider centre section?

Comparing a Swift to an Aravis, measuring both at 170mm from the nose, they are very close (within 1cm). If you have a specific measurement point in mind, I can give you more exact figures. As both are leather and there is some flare at the skirt at that area, it is difficult to get an exact comparison.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

I know the shaped is very similar to that of the Gilles Berthoud saddle, but I am hoping the centre section of the GB saddle stays flat longer on the sides than that of the Swift.

I was able to get a great deal on a GB Galibier this weekend, so I decided to go ahead and give it a shot. Let's hope it will be better compared to my Swift.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rjfrzb

by rjfrzb

SWijland wrote:I know the shaped is very similar to that of the Gilles Berthoud saddle, but I am hoping the centre section of the GB saddle stays flat longer on the sides than that of the Swift.

I've had good luck with my Aravis. Had to reshape the Swift, which so far is holding. No problems at all with the Aravis.