Anyone ride a Teschner SL9?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

grahamcrackers

by grahamcrackers

Hey all,

First time poster, long time lurker blah blah blah...

Looking for some first-hand experience with the SL9. Pretty hard to find reviews and whatnot since they are really just mainly ridden in Australia.

This is the one in question

http://www.teschnerbikes.com/products/SL9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks!

mimason

by mimason

A local race team had these in my area and there were several warranty related issues. the majority opinion was not favorable.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Asymptotic

by Asymptotic

See a lot of Teschner track bikes in oz, mainly Adelaide - don't know if they have some major distributors there, they look very nice though.
Norwood & Adelaide Uni CC

grahamcrackers

by grahamcrackers

Hey Mimason,
Do you happen to remember what kind of warranty issues? Were the frames failing or issues with crash replacement?
Thanks

Grimpeur

by Grimpeur

Our team had a sponsorship agreement with them, (their name on the shirt so we'd be able to buy their bikes at a discount). Their name went on the shirt, but they never held up their end of the bargain..
The bikes look (and supposedly ride) nice, but the company itself sucks bigtime..
This is my Bike. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my bike is useless. Without my bike, I am useless.

jimh

by jimh

Grimpeur wrote:The bikes look (and supposedly ride) nice, but the company itself sucks bigtime..

I think you mean the US distributor is the one behaving like the vacuum cleaner ?

Frankie13

by Frankie13

I saw the frame (Bike) this weekend in Dahlonega North Georgia where I was holding a Cycle camp and some guys rode it. It looks beautiful and must say I liked it a lot. The guys seemed to be very happy with it and had no complaints at all. The routes had lots of climbing, over 10.000ft and fast and long downhills and like I said they loved their rides.

pawnii

by pawnii

I know two guys who ride Teschner Team Race bikes. They seem to love it. Both have Australian flags on the bike as far as i remember.
One guy had his frame replaced because the top tube carbon de-laminated straight down the middle.
Not really a fancy bike in terms of manufacturing technologies. No internal cable routing, cable stops and FD hanger is glued and riveted on.

The SL9 looks pretty sexy :thumbup:
2012 Scott Foil Premium

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grahamcrackers

by grahamcrackers

thanks for the feedback!

I think that it may be the manufactured through pedal force, this is the newer/updated frame, but they look like they came from the same mold. This is aslo the same frame Ritte Bosberg i believe.

http://pedalforce.com/online/product_in ... s_id=13613