Seriously any diff between standard bar and aero bar?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DMF

by DMF

Love that look BmanX, very 90's stealth bomber! :wink: Personally I love the extensions, so I came up with this...
aeroweenie_low_res.jpg

Guess people I pass might categorize it as a TT/Tri-bike, put I really intend to use it just like an ordinary roadbike for my solo rides.

BmanX

by BmanX

To be honest this is my town/trainer bike. I would never use the extensions and only use the tops which feel amazing and the normal hand position when descending.
Last edited by BmanX on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikedoc

by bikedoc

BmanX
that made me smile, been trying to work out a good reason to do the the same since i saw it other then i just looks cool/weird

BmanX

by BmanX

When I was riding this to baseball practice the other night I passed a guy that did a double take. I just smiled and kept going. It is strange but serves a purpose and works surprisingly well.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

airwise

by airwise

BmanX wrote:I never use the drops so I went this way.

Got to say it looks fun - but of course it has absolutely nothing to do with aerodynamics - you would save three to four times the drag just by riding on properly set up drops.

BmanX

by BmanX

Well lets look at it a bit more objectively. This set up is more aero right now than any drop bar set up would be. Put a rider on here that only rides on the hoods or top of the bars and these are still more aero than any drop bars out there.

Now set up this bike correctly with drop bars and put a rider on there that only uses the drops and yes it would be more aero BUT put on extentions and use the aerobar the way it was intended and the rider would be more aero than any rider riding in the drops.

So for a rider that only rides hoods and tops this is more areo no matter how you cut it.
BIG DADDY B FLOW