The CAAD Build Thread...

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
markito200
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:45 am

by markito200

Image

by Weenie


User avatar
Wizzo
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:47 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

by Wizzo

A little CAAD10 update.

Image

yrodriguez317
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:31 am

by yrodriguez317

Wizzo wrote:A little CAAD10 update.

Image


First: Wow. Looks great!

Second: i have a couple weird questions for you. What kind of spacer is that (brand), and what kind of bar ends are those.

third: Love it!

User avatar
Wizzo
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:47 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

by Wizzo

Thanks!

The spacers are Chris King Pink. However I find the cheapy Ebay spacers will do the same thing. The bar ends come with the Enve Compact bar and are attached.

yrodriguez317
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:31 am

by yrodriguez317

Thank you very much for the info. With my bike, i feel like it is, now, a great canvas. it definitely needs some color. I plan to start small with a spacer or some fun skewers. I like what you have done with yours.

LD001
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: The Netherlands

by LD001

Here is mine. Ready to race:

Image

Image

Image

TerribleCadence
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:33 pm
Location: United Kingdom

by TerribleCadence

LD001 wrote:Here is mine. Ready to race:


Very nice! Whats the weight?

Forget to return your timing chip?! woops!!
FELT AR0 Now sold.
CAAD10 Force 22, Quarq, Ksyrium SLR
LOOK 695 Light, Force22, Zipp 303.

swu011
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:52 pm

by swu011

I just got a 52cm CAAD 10 and decided its too big for me. I'm 5'6" and the top tube measurement is the same as my current bike (Orbea Aqua 51cm), but it just feels a lot bigger. Do you guys think a 50cm would fit better? If there is anyone that wants to trade their 50cm for their 52cm let me know. I have the white one with the black decals, can't tell the difference between a new frame besides a barely visible scuff from cable rub.

LD001
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: The Netherlands

by LD001

TerribleCadence wrote:
LD001 wrote:Here is mine. Ready to race:


Very nice! Whats the weight?

Forget to return your timing chip?! woops!!


The weight is a little over 7 kg. Not my main concern for racing in the flat Netherlands. We have to buy our own timing chip, so this is mine.

NWSAlpine
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 7:11 pm
Location: FL

by NWSAlpine

Wow that is a sick team color CAAD10. I have the 10-5 in the same color. Slowly upgrading it. Eventually will be similar but I think I am going to go with Zipp SC SL bars/stem/seatpost. Really want to get the hollowgrams but without power.

yrodriguez317
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:31 am

by yrodriguez317

I have a real issue with how ugly my top cap is. The fsa expander is heavy and ugly, what options do we have that will keep our steerers safe?

literider
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:36 pm

by literider

I use the Specialized one on mine. You can use any top cap you want with it.

User avatar
btompkins0112
Posts: 2693
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:04 am
Location: Mississippi

by btompkins0112

yrodriguez317 wrote:I have a real issue with how ugly my top cap is. The fsa expander is heavy and ugly, what options do we have that will keep our steerers safe?


I use the KCNC expander from Fariwheel Bikes and the Extralite Topcap..... :beerchug:

NAKaveli
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:51 am

by NAKaveli

CAAD 10's lookin good, miss my 9

by Weenie


nathanong87
Resident master of GIF
Posts: 3163
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:44 am
Contact:

by nathanong87

swu011 wrote:I just got a 52cm CAAD 10 and decided its too big for me. I'm 5'6" and the top tube measurement is the same as my current bike (Orbea Aqua 51cm), but it just feels a lot bigger. Do you guys think a 50cm would fit better? If there is anyone that wants to trade their 50cm for their 52cm let me know. I have the white one with the black decals, can't tell the difference between a new frame besides a barely visible scuff from cable rub.


it feeling* and it being* are too different things. just go by your critcal measurements

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post