Whisky carbon fork experiences?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SSB

by SSB

Has anyone had any experience with Whisky forks, or more specifically their road version?

I've come across a deal for a CAAD10 frameset, and the seller includes that fork (a perfect match with the matte colour.) Only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is the lack of information or reviews around the internet. Worst case scenario is I don't use the fork and get an ENVE fork.
Flickr
2012 Cannondale CAAD10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

It looks sweet. Are you actually in Toronto? The seller is only shipping to the US.

Also CAAD10 forks can be purchased from your Cannondale dealer for $200-220.

fa63

by fa63

I just put one on my new bike and so far so good. I also have experience with Alpha Q, Easton EC90SL and Ritchey WCS, and quite frankly can't tell the difference between them.

SSB

by SSB

NWSAlpine wrote:It looks sweet. Are you actually in Toronto? The seller is only shipping to the US.

Also CAAD10 forks can be purchased from your Cannondale dealer for $200-220.

I use a drop shipping service just across the border. It has worked wonders for me and I've saved a ton of cash even after declaring and paying taxes at the border. Virtually all of my cycling-related purchases is shipped to the US these days.

I'm not going to bet on getting a fork from a dealer considering how much trouble I've had with trying to order a frameset. As long as the fork isn't a noodle and/or a boat anchor, I'll be happy.
Flickr
2012 Cannondale CAAD10

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Then I would go for it. If you do have issues you can prob sell the fork and find something else later. You won't always be able to get that frame though. :thumbup:

bigskyTi
in the industry

by bigskyTi

I know a guy on the CX disc fork. Came in underweight and very stiff. He is a really big guy and has been pleased so far. Quality looked top notch.

deluxerider

by deluxerider

They are interesting. I'd prefer an enve though.

sh33mon

by sh33mon

Not sure what to think of Whisky after the Foundry Router fiasco...

foofighter

by foofighter

What weight spec are you comparing it to? I have the tapered CX fork, but they are way over their weight spec, anywhere from 100-200grams. The weights are listed as 459 on their page which is what I was comparing to. Other than that, it rides well. The brake hose guide finish was a little rough and it didn't come with an expander for the top cap or any spacers are things they could improve. There are not many tapered disc forks in that price range.

bigskyTi wrote:I know a guy on the CX disc fork. Came in underweight and very stiff. He is a really big guy and has been pleased so far. Quality looked top notch.

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

The seller has what looks like a matching fork on the other CAAD. The women's model. Wonder if it's the same specs as he might be able to swap it.

If not I have a CAAD10 gloss black with white lettering fork sitting in my parts bin. I used it waiting for a replacement liquigas color fork from Cannondale. I could sell it to you and you can have it painted satin or sane it flat.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SSB

by SSB

There'll be a Whisky fork up for sale sometime soon... I got lucky and found a brand new fork that matches the BBQ paint for 100 bucks.

I thought about going for an ENVE 2.0, but it seemed that I could only find ones with a 43mm rake, whereas the stock one is 45mm. Plus, it wouldn't match the wheels I was planning on using.
Flickr
2012 Cannondale CAAD10