Ciamillo delivery - Gravitas SL pictures added.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

strayduck

by strayduck

HammerTime2 wrote:Maybe Ted needs a good Operations Manager and an Office Manager who will attend to whatever details are needed for a smoothly functioning operation, with efficient and effective customer interface and service. Were these positions among those which "turnedover" and for whom replacements are not yet in place?

Yes. As I understand it this was one of the key roles lost. That said, as a small business owner you've got to suck it up and work out a system until you can get someone in that you can trust. It doesn't have to be complicated. A spreadsheet in google docs could do. Yes, the admin work slows the process but it keeps everyone informed which REALLY helps for customer relations. If you make a great product people are willing to cut you some slack if they know what's going on. Radio silence gets people to wondering what you're doing with their money.

aeroslave wrote:in this day and age this should be intolerable. there are so many lightweight options with better service.

Yes, many lightweight options though not all are great. It would be nice if velonews did an updated brake review like this: http://eecycleworks.com/VNJune%20BrakeTest.pdf

artray

by artray

You need a system . Ted you need a system . It's the only way . A system . If you don't have a system then it all goes wrong and people don't get there stuff . System. I really like the Gravitas brakes ,but with out a system I can't risk the purchase.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

coppercook62

by coppercook62

I really considered getting Gravitas brakes for my build but after reading all the horror stories I'll pass. To bad they look fantastic.

XLR8R

by XLR8R

Have a look at Engage brakes they look awesome.

ms6073

by ms6073

Is that a reference to the Engage Gavial Carbon Road Brakes from AX-Lightness?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

coppercook62

by coppercook62

ms6073 wrote:Is that a reference to the Engage Gavial Carbon Road Brakes from AX-Lightness?

those look sweet!

XLR8R

by XLR8R

ms6073 wrote:Is that a reference to the Engage Gavial Carbon Road Brakes from AX-Lightness?

Yes sir:
http://www.engage-bikes.de/

sharkman

by sharkman

Brakes look good but the Ax-lightness part probably means even worse customer service and no guarantee at all.......

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

coppercook62 wrote:I really considered getting Gravitas brakes for my build but after reading all the horror stories I'll pass. To bad they look fantastic.

Horror stories is stretching things a little, isn't it? There have obviously been customer service issues, but only a small amount as far as I can tell and lets face it, the brakes are very, very good. From what I've read and know, it wouldn't stop me buying Ciamillo brakes. I'm still pondering getting a set of GSL's, one day :D

Getter

by Getter

GSL in chrome! Sorry about the quality of the pic.

The GSL's will be revised to take wider rims.

strayduck

by strayduck

artray wrote:You need a system . Ted you need a system . It's the only way . A system . If you don't have a system then it all goes wrong and people don't get there stuff . System. I really like the Gravitas brakes ,but with out a system I can't risk the purchase.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

If these brakes were being made by some dude in his garage as a hobby I could understand the lapses in communication, but Ted is not a dude and his brakes are not a hobby. Ted is a professional and Ciamillo is a company. They employ people. They manufacture product.

As a boutique I don't expect them to compete on price, but they are in a position to give BETTER customer service than, say, Amazon.com who must rely on a ticket system and overseas customer service reps that aren't in touch with how their business runs.

It probably wouldn't take much. Hell, get an intern in for the summer for college credit and get them to sort this mess out. Take a shortcut and put a blog up on the website so the intern can post machine-shop updates to save on sending individual emails during times of crisis.

I really LIKE Ciamillo stuff but not putting pressure on them to *fix* these customer communication issues is akin to not putting your alcoholic/drug addicted family member into rehab.