carbon rim sets

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

backflat

by backflat

i remember reading something about a light rim set that was carbon

and was from a china source or someplace.
anyone using them tubeless ?

i searched but not able to find thread

mentok

by mentok

there is a small discussion going on here: http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-components/ ... 73410.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nicemonkey

by nicemonkey

I have been running a set of Duke carbon 29er's for about 2 months and cant fault them so far...stiff and light weight

backflat

by backflat

wow. still reading this great link. thank you.

i just wish the photos were not censored/blocked for non member's

backflat

by backflat

anyone using this 29'er wheel set ? .. Xiamen Light

mentok

by mentok

I'm currently waiting for a set of track tubulars from light bicycle who I opted for because of the glowing reviews they received for quality, communication and after sales in that mtbr thread. Unfortunately new 29er wheels are a fair way down on my list of priorities at the moment, but once they rise to the top I will almost certainly be going with light bicycle for a set (rims only- I want to build around a pair of hopes)

2002maniac

by 2002maniac

I also have a set of road rims on order from light-bicyle. I've been impressed with their communication so far. If I'm pleased with the product, I'll order some 29er rims right away.

Will keep you guys posted.

benwat48

by benwat48

Who made Xiamen Light???
backflat wrote:wow. still reading this great link. thank you.

i just wish the photos were not censored/blocked for non member's

2002maniac

by 2002maniac

2002maniac wrote:I also have a set of road rims on order from light-bicyle. I've been impressed with their communication so far. If I'm pleased with the product, I'll order some 29er rims right away.

Will keep you guys posted.

The rims I ordered were advertised at 350g+/- 5g. I asked if that claim was accurate and this was the response I got:

Hello Cameron,

We have to made some rims to test, sometimes, it is not so easy to get the light weight rims.

We have made some before, but the weight sometimes still come out 370g to 380g. At last, the customers still accept. That is why we like you to know. All weight has a range, sometimes, it is not easy to get light rims.

But for 370g rims, they are safe to ride.

Seems kind of deceptive to me to advertise 20-30g lighter than the normal weight, but we'll see...

giantdale

by giantdale

Well, that has been my experience exactly. I ordered two road clincher rims without brake tracks drilled for internal nipples with the promise they'd be around 350g. After a week Nancy wrote they made a pair weighing 370g and whether they would be acceptable. I said yes and am now waiting for delivery. Hope for the best.

FireSpitter

by FireSpitter

I think this is getting common. During enquiry stage, I was quoted 355gms (+/- 5 gms) for a 29er rim. Closer to payment, they told me 380gms. I received mine at 384gms. BUGGER!!!
Please visit my blogs:-

I'm a MILF - er blog (Help raise awareness!) http://firespitter38.blogspot.com

True tales from the dark side http://truetalesfromthedarkside.blogspot.com

benwat48

by benwat48

I agree, Duke carbon 29er's :up:

mentok wrote:there is a small discussion going on here: http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-components/ ... 73410.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com