Final build Wilier Zero.7 SR11 10 POUND BIKE

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jwilliams

by jwilliams

So what tires, conti gp4000, maybe some sprinters? I will not ride vittoria.

I am working on the cables this weekend.
Wilier Zero.7 SR11 being built
2011 C59 Di2 AX SRT 24's, THM Calvica, Fibula
2010 RXR VIP @ Red RXR Sold
MY RXR VIP-> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=77056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fa63

by fa63

Veloflex Extreme, or Continental Competition if you want a butyl tube.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

I've actually liked the Zipp Tangente tubulars. Feel like a Vittoria, but more flat resistant. Not sure about the weight, but I prefer them to Sprinters.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

jwilliams wrote:So what tires, conti gp4000, maybe some sprinters? I will not ride vittoria.

I am working on the cables this weekend.

Why the dislike for Vittoria? Corsa SC's are lurverly!

jdp211

by jdp211

KWalker wrote:I've actually liked the Zipp Tangente tubulars. Feel like a Vittoria, but more flat resistant. Not sure about the weight, but I prefer them to Sprinters.

That's because they are vittorias with different tread

jwilliams

by jwilliams

I have a spare set of conti sprinters and gp4000. But open to others. Had FMB silk 23's but had lots of flats.

I worked on the cables, but because all the housings are back behind the head tube and about an inch, it's hard to cut the cable with out a pinch or even shifting a gear at a track stand. I put it back, and ordered some power cordz grommets to see if the is the solution. Wish me luck.

I might have to run carbon housings to stop the kinks if all else fails.

Also the photo of the recommend cable run is of a bike with the housing on the out side of the head tube, see where mine are tucked back down and hidden. That's the real issue!
MY RXR VIP-> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=77056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

owl

by owl

You could try I-links/mini i-links, I think they would cope with the turn inwards and downwards that you can see on your frame. Make sure you get some shrink wrap protection on the outside of the ilinks though as they scratch the frame (I didnt bother and they go through paint easily, my frame is particularly expensive though so no worries).

I like the zero.7 more and more as I look at your pictures and see the Scarponi frame on the Giro.
Owl

jwilliams

by jwilliams

My ride found a new home on top of the weekend warrior.
Attachments
gtr and zero.7.jpg

jwilliams

by jwilliams

Anyone use challange or fortezza tires

Cento

by Cento

I agree the excess cables makes it heavier..

owl wrote:Lovely frame there is a simplicity to it. Sort out the cabling it is untidy. Always look at the cabling of munoz contador's mechanic keep short and loop one around the other to keep it tidy

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

jwilliams wrote:Anyone use challange or fortezza tires

Yes, I use challenge Tires. I like em! :thumbup:
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

speedwobbles

by speedwobbles

The lengths in this picture are correct. The two shift housings should be exactly the same length, cross and leave a nice ellipse shape within the head tube when viewed from the front...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesbikes/6668682635/

...Although I prefer both brake cables run in front - looks cleaner and more traditional to me.

For the rear brake just rotate your bars as far to the drive side as they would ever need to go and then cut to length. Then you know it has just enough. Ferrules add a little bit of length too.

In my professional opinion a standard coiled brake housing MUST be taken to an angle grinder (or at least a file) to produce a perfectly flat surface to mate with the ferrule/ stop. This prevents the primary cause of cable "stretch" as well as decreases friction in the line. Every high quality bike deserves this treatment during buildup, however it is almost never undertaken. For truly precise install, an angle grinder/belt sander is necessary.

I have a special technique that produces a housing end almost as flat as the factory cut, and have found that this trick can yield huge gains in shift/brake performance with all of the major groups, as well as less need for adjustment since the housing is less likely to collapse within the ferrule over time. Obviously this does not apply to your shift housing as you are using segmented housing.

andyindo

by andyindo

Very nice! What bartape is that?

jwilliams

by jwilliams

Lizard skins, the thick kind.
andyindo wrote:Very nice! What bartape is that?

bike is done, all mods made, THM cranks on, and 3 sets of cables later, DONE.

Photos to come afer a wash. Also 800 miles on it and the TUFO 160s and not a flat yet, and the ride is quite nice. I just hate having to true the wheels as the Edge 1.25 (1st gen) are so light.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ka0t1c07

by ka0t1c07

Have u tried weighing it with RZRs on tufo 160? I'm waiting for my Zero.7 SR eps to come in next week so I can see how much it will weight with the RZR and zipp tangents 21.

By the way, what's the weight of the Thm cranks with chain rings. I was just wondering how close are the Vumaquads compared to THMs