New ridley helium

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Oh how i aspire to have your rapier wit and 221 posts.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

roca rule

by roca rule

i do not think there are enough changes to call it new. i think it is going through a chancge like the addict kind of downgarding. the geometry seems the same; seatstays checked; overzied lower bearing checked. the fork is slightly different, mainly beacause the drop outs are or seem to be carbon istead of alloy. i think this might be the last season or one of the last seasons for the helium as a pro race bike. one thing that intrigues me is during wich race the pic was taken? and who is the guy riding it? is he a part of a lotto feeder team?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

legsrburnin

by legsrburnin

Please stay on topic guys :wink:
Lefty heaven

bruno2000

by bruno2000

micky wrote:What about this one?
The picture is from Milano Sanremo (or Tirreno?).

Sorry to be off-topic but I took this picture at the start of the 3-daagse of De Panne in De Panne.

Roeboe

by Roeboe

roca rule wrote:i do not think there are enough changes to call it new. i think it is going through a chancge like the addict kind of downgarding. the geometry seems the same; seatstays checked; overzied lower bearing checked. the fork is slightly different, mainly beacause the drop outs are or seem to be carbon istead of alloy. i think this might be the last season or one of the last seasons for the helium as a pro race bike. one thing that intrigues me is during wich race the pic was taken? and who is the guy riding it? is he a part of a lotto feeder team?

It is Tim Wellens, soon to be pro for Lotto and now on the youth team... I had some information from fellow riders he was riding the new helium and foud this photo on his facebook.

Phill P

by Phill P

I like the helium SL. Looks like a steel bike with a tapered head tube and BB30(?)

The lime "SL" decals kinda ruin a nice stealth look
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

roca rule

by roca rule

or like a cannondale evo.

Estelja

by Estelja

A few more pictures / addtl info:
http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/06/22/201 ... more-45190

I think the LIZ will be a nice addition to the women's market.

robertbb

by robertbb

Ridley is claiming a reduction of 200grams between the current ('08-'12) Helium (with ISP) and the "new" Helium SL. This appears to be achieved by ditching the ISP and the alloy dropouts on the fork.

All I can say is "yawn".
- The ISP on my current Helium is the most comfortable I have ridden. Not sure why all the hating on ISP's in general - they may be more inconvenient for travel, setup and tweaking but if your setup is good and you have your travel bag sorted out then ISP's are awesome - look great as they blend with the bike's paint scheme, feel and perform excellently.
- Carbon dropouts - yeah, OK. Big deal. The current fork is plenty stiff, light and comfy enough anyway.

The new one appears to have BB86 and internal cable routing too. Both equally useless. Give me standard threads any day, and for shifting performance (other than electronic), give me external routing any day.

Will be sticking with my current Helium.

roca rule

by roca rule

My exact thoughts, there isn't anything that I would really call an improvement over the current model.
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Ghost234

by Ghost234

I like the protour teams paint scheme much better than the black and yellow. Those yellow SL's make it look very tacky.

Also, it may just be me. But does the fork rake seem much shallower on the red/black protour models as compared to the black/yellow production model? Maybe the fork has increased rake as the bike size decreases (to prevent toe rub)?

artray

by artray

http://road.cc/content/news/69431-ridle ... -bike-ever" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;