2011 Cervelo R5 54cm-SR 11 (UPDATED: w/Reynolds Forty Six )

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jvanv8

by jvanv8

One of the best looking smart builds here on WW.
:beerchug:
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

em3

by em3

jvanv8 wrote:One of the best looking smart builds here on WW.
:beerchug:

Thanks jvanv8, your reviews of Reynolds wheels on your blog, as well as our off-line conversations, were very helpful in pointing me toward what have been an outstanding set of hoops for me so far.
EM3

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

giant man

by giant man

Looks fantastic, but can't say after 3 cracked Cervelos I would bother with another one. Would put me off for sure ....

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Cervelo and SRAM seem made for each other. Fail and warranty, fail and warranty...

I honestly have stopped opening Cervelo threads lately.
That is how much of a non-fan of the brand I have become.
But I am glad I summoned up the courage to open this one; the bike looks absolutely stellar. Especially fit with Campagnolo.
Well done. I hope this one supports your Gotham riding adventures for seasons to come.

giant man

by giant man

Cervelos must ride like a demon I guess .....

Markreimer

by Markreimer

em3 wrote:Thanks for all the comments on the build guys. I just changed out shoes to the 320 TPI version of the Pave with the single green stripe down the middle...takes a bit of the green edge off and makes for a more balanced look....will share pics shortly.

Regarding the BBRight adapter and Campy cranks....the adapter cups are widely available from your Cervelo dealer and the first set is free when you order your new frame (just specify what BB system you are using). Note that the use of Loctite 609 or 641 together with Loctite Primer 7649 is imperative when installing BBRight press fit adapter cups. Cervelo has yet to issue an official directive on this issue to dealers and consumers but their reps have been quite active on the Cervelo Forum outlining these instructions. Once the adapter cups are properly installed the fit is perfect and the system runs smoothly....the stiffest BB I have ever ridden!

EM3

Quick question about the adapters - the insert with the small holes inside the adapters that are shown in the photos you posted - are they supposed to remain inside when you install the cranks? I had my local shop install the cups with loctite yesterday, but they had removed those pieces and returned them with the frame. Didn't think to ask then. I see in your photo they are in. What are they for? Thanks!

em3

by em3

The pic simply shows the seal included with the Campagnolo BBRIGHT adapter cups. The dots are not holes, simply dots imprinted on the seal. You could just ditch the seal given that the BBRIGHT shell on Cervelos is completely sealed/self contained. Regarding the Loctite job on your new frame, be sure that the shop actually used Loctite Primer 7649 and Loctite 609 or 641 to set your cups, otherwise your cups are simply going to start creaking after a few rides. I have read some posts of lazy shops simply using blue threadlock Loctite, instead of the gap retaining/bonding compounds (609 or 641). Enjoy your new Cervelo.
EM3

Markreimer

by Markreimer

Thanks EM3 - yes, I took it to the only authorized Cervelo dealer in my area and they went to great lengths describing the installation process and loctite they used to avoid the creaking problem. I'm confident I won't be getting any creaking with this BB. Thanks again, can't wait to build it up tonight and ride!