Anybody has experience with "3T Dorico pro seatpost".?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

loco2546

by loco2546

all comments will be really apreciated . :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

not the pro version, but the team one. they have the same saddle cradle iirc.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=69718
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

MajorMantra

by MajorMantra

Had one (Team version) and hated it. It looks nice but the clamp was crap. Would probably have kept it anyway but the design means the saddle has to sit further back than most 25mm set back posts, which didn't work for me.

fa63

by fa63

MajorMantra wrote:Had one (Team version) and hated it. It looks nice but the clamp was crap. Would probably have kept it anyway but the design means the saddle has to sit further back than most 25mm set back posts, which didn't work for me.

Same here; absolutely hated the clamp.

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

I can agree with the previous posters. I have the Team-version and the clamp is not ok. It's a pain to set up, my post has been creaking for ages (not in the frame, but the clamp-part) and I am thinking about replacing it with a Fizik post.

TTP

by TTP

I have the LTD. I concur on clamp crapiness. Thomspn clamps are primo..

Zitter

by Zitter

another vote for crappy clamp, i have the LTD

sethjs

by sethjs

another vote for really annoyed with the clamp on the team dorico here...

Dimitri

by Dimitri

had a 27.2 team on my last steal bike and 31.6 pro now.

if you look at the weights, team isnt really worth it weight savings wise, the alu one is heavy but the team isnt light either. if you want carbon for compliance reasons then fair enough.

and also yes, echoing everyone else, wish i had have spent more time with the first one, so i didnt buy again, its an attractive seat post, but the clamp is pretty average. too much set back, can work loose if not set up correctly, my saddle seams to work it self into a nose down position too.

kinda seems obvious why they have 2 types of offset seat posts once youve used a Dorico for a while...

Rick

by Rick

I have a Dorico Team. I really didn't mind the clamp, and it didn't creak or give me any problems. From some other post I learned that you can only really tighten the front bolt and you have to be satisfied with having the rear bolt "as snug as you can without changing the tilt. "
So I used loctite on both bolts, set the tilt with the rear bolt, then tighten the front bolt as tight as I dared, followed by a final check on the rear bolt.
I recently changed to a Thomson setback, but mainly because it was so much lighter (~160 gms vs ~240 gms) The Thomson does have a much more robust clamp system also.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AC0

by AC0

I have a Team and a Pro. Neither is superlight, but I like the clamp as I wanted the extra setback. The lower part of the clamp is also quite long (longer than most), so there is lots of support for the rails. The two bolt clamp is a bit of a hassle to get setup, but it lets you set the saddle angle very precisely, it hasn't slipped and no creaks. Once set I haven't had to touch it.

AC