Campagnolo EPS TT inc aero chainset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

thisisatest wrote:i think it's the second coming of the VumaChrono, and i like it!

....and we know what happened to the first coming! :D

I quite like them, but as they're TT specific I'm not quite sure how the limited chainring options will work out. We have customers going well over 55 tooth and under 53 tooth. If they're a fairly straight forward swap for aftermarket rings then there won't be a problem, but the lack of chainring fitment options was one of the Vuma Chronos failings, in my humble opinion (that and the price of course)

FreaK

by FreaK

hansonator69 wrote:Well, there are always the standard Campagnolo cranks...

Which of course are having the Ultra Torque phased out in favour of the asinine Powertorque. It wouldn't be so bad if one never had to take the crank off, structurally it works really well and the interface is very crisp, but it's absurd having to use cardboard shims and a bearing puller, and of course in the carbon your best option is to use the molded plastic unit, but this crank means there'll be yet another one needed.

Bloody idiots
it's actually possible to come to the conclusion even before realising it makes no sense at all
-
tymon_tm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Simon BP

by Simon BP

Why in the name of all that's holy have Campagnolo chosen to give the TT crank the same name as their wheels?? That makes finding information on their products a nightmare! If you google "Campagnolo Bullet", half the results will soon be for wheels and the other half for cranks...

tommasini

by tommasini

FreaK wrote:
hansonator69 wrote:Well, there are always the standard Campagnolo cranks...

Which of course are having the Ultra Torque phased out in favour of the asinine Powertorque. It wouldn't be so bad if one never had to take the crank off, structurally it works really well and the interface is very crisp, but it's absurd having to use cardboard shims and a bearing puller, and of course in the carbon your best option is to use the molded plastic unit, but this crank means there'll be yet another one needed.

Bloody idiots

Freak - Who ever said that the UT is going away - if so why would they release the higher end TT cranks with UT? The general understanding is that while the UT is slighly more costly to manufacture that it is a superior design to the Powertorque and therefore will continue on for their top tier cranksets.....Here is from their 2010 PowerTorque press release:

In 2007, we revolutionised the bottom bracket concept with the introduction of Ultra Torque™ technology. For 2011, another amazing solution has been devised for making the mid-range groups even more affordable, while maintaining the same high level performance features.