Best housing for use w/PowerCordz?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Fourthbook

by Fourthbook

I've got PowerCordz Prime cables and housings on my ee brakes but suspect that other housings might work better (less drag) than the PC housings. Does anyone have succcessful experience mixing PC Prime brake cables w/other housings, ie I-Links, Jagwire, etc.?

How about for derailleur cables: any positive experience using other brand housings w/PC cables?

Cheers,

John
Wilier Cento1 SR
13.10 lbs (5.95 kgs) w/Enve 3.4-Tune 70/170 & Conti Competitions tubulars
12.53 lbs (5.68 kgs) w/FarSports 24-Extralite & Vittoria CX EVO II tubulars

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I bought the Powercordz Nokon Liners from Fairwheel to use with my Nokon Cable Set and they seem to work well. I think you could probably use it on other cable systems though I am not sure. Ultimately, I ended up going back to steel cables because I could not get the Powercordz to fasten well enough to my EE Brakes. I tried the little blue rubber groumets but could not get it to work to my satisfaction. If you come up with a better solution I would love to hear about it. Mark

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sungod

by sungod

as above, nokon

the nokon liner is way better than the powercordz one, especially for the brake cables

1415chris

by 1415chris

While ago I had PC working with Nokon on my mtb bike, no issues.
Recently I've been using PC with Jagwire housing (brakes and dlrs) on road bike, with no issues.
Now I am on PC paired with Niro alloy housing and as above it works fine.

sungod

by sungod

sungod wrote:as above, nokon

the nokon liner is way better than the powercordz one, especially for the brake cables

hang on a sec, i must've had my brain in neutral when i posted the above

the powercordz nokon-compatible liner is the good one (was transparent blue, i think it's now transparent yellowish), it's the stock nokon liner that is poor (black stuff, tight, and gets kinked inside the nokon segments over time)

so just to be clear, that's pttthhbbb to nokon liner, and hurrah for powercordz liner

quaman26

by quaman26

I suggest trying out the Alligator iLinks. I have used both iLinks and Nokons and I find the iLinks a lot easier to work with.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dammit

by Dammit

I found that the Power Cordz outer worked very nicely- in back to back (literally, the rear brake is still using iLink housing) testing there is noticeably less drag with the PC housing than the Alligator iLink, 7970 levers to EE brakes.