55 tooth Dura Ace 130mm ring

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

Looking for a TT Ring. Anybody used one of the Carbon ones? Any other thoughts or ideas. Will be run as a single.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

:-)

by :-)

i havent used them (yet) but know a few people who do & they give them the thumbs up :D

http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/fl/fl_cycles.html

Paul_nl

by Paul_nl

What is the advantage of an 55teeth chainring over an 52teeth chainring for TT'ing?

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

Bigger ring on the front with a tighter cluster on the back gives you smaller incremental changes and a higher max gear for TT. You choose you gearing based on the course and your ride style. This set up is for 40km TT's and will be used in an endurance race (170 miles) in Florida

:-)

by :-)

Paul_nl wrote:What is the advantage of an 55teeth chainring over an 52teeth chainring for TT'ing?

in my opinion not a great deal, most people ive spoken too use a 55 instead of a 53 as it gives them a gear they cant find with a 53.....

riding fixed solves that problem :lol:

rohaimie

by rohaimie

hi there,i am currently using 55 teeth chainring but the alluminium type from DA.I find that my power of pedalling have increase in a short amount of time compare to the last time i use a 52 Stronglight chainring.
italian bikes rules!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bill F

by Bill F

I have read somewhere (and I can't exactly remember where) that larger chainrings in combination with a larger sprocket provides a greater advantage then a smaller chainring in combination with a smaller cog. It was something about the drive train being more efficent Can anyone confirm this?