Ultegra 6700 double shifter problem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pofijanika

by pofijanika

Hi there!

I have an issue with my Ultegra shifter: I can't shift down to the small chainring.

Here are some photos (sorry for the crappy quality): http://imageshack.us/g/213/imagecq.jpg/

So there is this silver thing, and I'm quite sure that it shouldn't be pretty much outside of the shifter. When I'm trying to shift down, it "goes along" with the thing you push in in order to shift down. (as I'm showing in one of the pictures)

I have no idea. Could you guys please help me?

Thanks,

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

benwat48

by benwat48

Maybe wrond instaled :noidea:
pofijanika wrote:Hi there!

I have an issue with my Ultegra shifter: I can't shift down to the small chainring.

Here are some photos (sorry for the crappy quality): http://imageshack.us/g/213/imagecq.jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So there is this silver thing, and I'm quite sure that it shouldn't be pretty much outside of the shifter. When I'm trying to shift down, it "goes along" with the thing you push in in order to shift down. (as I'm showing in one of the pictures)

I have no idea. Could you guys please help me?

Thanks,

greenmachine
Shop Owner

by greenmachine

Have you replaced a cable on it recently or adjusted anything before this happened or has it been working fine and just stopped.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

ive seen this once before. if i recall correctly, it happens when a great deal of effort is used to try to shift to the larger ring. if you push the large lever inward firmly, you will be able to see where the silver protrusion slipped over some other tab. repeat the motion, but attempt to guide the silver piece back over the tab to return it to its regular position.
good luck.