Stolen bike - Velocite Geos - Geneva, Switzerland

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Privateer

by Privateer

Last Thursday my bike was stolen from my workplace.

It's a Velocite Geos, size M with the following spec:
- Sram Red shifters, derailleurs and brakes
- Power2Max powermeter on Rotor 3D+ cranks (not the Quarqs pictured)
- Velocite carbon bars, carbon seatpost and full carbon saddle
- 3T ARX Team stem (130mm -17, not the Extralite pictured)
- DA 7900 pedals

Fortunately the Lightweights weren't on it. At the time of being stolen it had a pair of training wheels (Shimano on Mavic), Race Blades mudguards, red bartape and white cable housing.

If anyone sees it on the net anywhere I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Crap! I'll keep a close ear out for it. Check glocals might pop up there? Let me know if you need anything to stop gap it. Was that your RAAM ride?

Privateer

by Privateer

Thanks. Yep, it was indeed. Scambling to try to replace it as I'm leaving for the US in 2 weeks.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I actually have an Isaac Sonic being built up in the next few days, 55.8cm top tube, pretty high headtube 17.5cm with Campag Athena. You're welcome to take it. My Merckx has developed a crack in the headtube :(

Privateer

by Privateer

Thanks for the extremely generous offer (I don't know many people who'd lend their brand new bike for a 3,000 mile ride!). I'll keep it as a back-up plan if the replacement doesn't come through.

Sorry to hear about the Merckx.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I know how hard you trained, just want to make sure you get your best shot at it. There's been a big rash of bike thefts round here the last week, I know 2 others stolen from their caves. Hence why I'd never leave mine in the cave even if it means the wife gives me loads of grief.

Gonna send the Merckx back, less than 2 yrs old, hopefully they'll do something bout it.