HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 249
Location: Glossop UK
Hi everyone,

I'm swapping my 2007 Pinarello Paris for a new Cannondale Evo. The Evo has a BB30 BB has anyone fitted a standard Clavicula using the Bearing cups to a BB30 frame yet ? and if so do you have any pics?
How easy was it to get hold of the cups and is it a straight forward job?

Cheers
Paul


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:56 am
Posts: 26
Location: lancashire UK
I`ve just had my Cannondale done at Paul Hewett`s at Leyland
He pressed in a FSA alloy adapter with a bonding agent and left it to set over night, I know that thats the end of my frame`s BB30 but with a standard English BB there`s more chose
And the THM Clavicula is very good the old BB creaked every now and then

The bike is now down to 6670g

Barrie


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:11 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:58 am
Posts: 550
Take a look through their installation manual. It covers most popular BB types.
http://www.thm-carbones.de/manuals_clavicula.html

_________________
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:28 am 
Offline
Shop Owner

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:07 am
Posts: 993
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
THM has a special BB30 adapter that screws into place.....you could go the route of bonding the FSA BSA adapter to the BB30 shell and use the THM standard BSA BB but I prefer THM's fix. I used to have them on a Beone with BB30 and it worked perfectly

_________________
www.royalbicycles.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:14 am
Posts: 1201
jmartpr wrote:
THM has a special BB30 adapter that screws into place.....you could go the route of bonding the FSA BSA adapter to the BB30 shell and use the THM standard BSA BB but I prefer THM's fix. I used to have them on a Beone with BB30 and it worked perfectly

:thumbup:

I got a THM bb30 cup set too.. Easily to install ( you need 2 cup tools though ) and works like a charm

_________________
project black


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:23 am
Posts: 725
Location: Pack filler
UKpaul wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm swapping my 2007 Pinarello Paris for a new Cannondale Evo. The Evo has a BB30 BB has anyone fitted a standard Clavicula using the Bearing cups to a BB30 frame yet ? and if so do you have any pics?
How easy was it to get hold of the cups and is it a straight forward job?

Cheers
Paul


Evo is PF30 if it makes any difference..

_________________
Official cafe stop tester


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 249
Location: Glossop UK
jekyll man wrote:
UKpaul wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm swapping my 2007 Pinarello Paris for a new Cannondale Evo. The Evo has a BB30 BB has anyone fitted a standard Clavicula using the Bearing cups to a BB30 frame yet ? and if so do you have any pics?
How easy was it to get hold of the cups and is it a straight forward job?

Cheers
Paul


Evo is PF30 if it makes any difference..



Oh ok, Thanks for that I wasnt aware.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 249
Location: Glossop UK
sugarkane wrote:
jmartpr wrote:
THM has a special BB30 adapter that screws into place.....you could go the route of bonding the FSA BSA adapter to the BB30 shell and use the THM standard BSA BB but I prefer THM's fix. I used to have them on a Beone with BB30 and it worked perfectly

:thumbup:

I got a THM bb30 cup set too.. Easily to install ( you need 2 cup tools though ) and works like a charm



Thanks for the reply do you have any pics ?


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:41 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:14 am
Posts: 1201
UKpaul wrote:
sugarkane wrote:
jmartpr wrote:
THM has a special BB30 adapter that screws into place.....you could go the route of bonding the FSA BSA adapter to the BB30 shell and use the THM standard BSA BB but I prefer THM's fix. I used to have them on a Beone with BB30 and it worked perfectly

:thumbup:

I got a THM bb30 cup set too.. Easily to install ( you need 2 cup tools though ) and works like a charm



Thanks for the reply do you have any pics ?



Nothing of the cup install but the cranks on the bike yea..
On the THM site they have PDFs for the BB install and both cranksets
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=90950&start=45

_________________
project black


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Baidu [Spider], Google Adsense [Bot], hillrider, kavitator, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 38 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bb30 cranks vs 9000 with adaptor

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

432r

16

1381

Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:28 am

LoggingMiles View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. New BB30 frame incompatible Campag BB

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 ]

in Road

mattythemod

46

2201

Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:08 am

graeme_f_k View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. BB30 crank in nonBB30 frame

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

JimV

23

1416

Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:27 pm

HillRPete View the latest post

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. BB30 SRAM/Quarq Red 22 crankset in BB86 Addict frame?

in Road

gfk60

1

687

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:22 pm

5 8 5 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Specialized cranks on BB30A frame???

in Road

Pintxo

0

203

Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:32 pm

Pintxo View the latest post


It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB