2012 Spinergy Xtra Lite XLC 16/20 reviews?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

villahidalgo

by villahidalgo

does anyone have any feedback on these wheels? Seem very light for clinchers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2012-Spiner ... 2ebe658fb0

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

I have been watching these for about a year and have never seen a single review anywhere. I actually bought the alloy version (Xtra Lite) just to get my build going but was gonna upgrade to these if they went down in price. They have actually dropped $500 from when they first came out. :thumbup:

bumpkin

by bumpkin

You can get the same weight with an Aluminum clincher at much less cost.

villahidalgo

by villahidalgo

bumpkin wrote:You can get the same weight with an Aluminum clincher at much less cost.

which aluminum clincher, the Stan's Alpha? would it be stiffer and the rim lighter? I'm interested in a light rim, not necessarily light hubs.

doing some more research it seems low profile carbons don't have any advantages.

ras11

by ras11

Those low spoke counts require a hefty rim, which likely makes it heavier than Stan's Alpha. That said, I personally don't think you'll notice the difference in 50g at the rim.

I've not seen these wheels yet, but I'm opposed to white spokes... so much cleaning. No!

Might be a good wheelset for light touring. The PBO wheels have a very strong reputation with folks who spend months on the bike. I personally have a set of ~10yr old Xaeros(sp?) that never seem to die despite my abuse.
:-) Toys-R-Us