Prorace bikes, Belgium

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

indigo

by indigo

Hi,

Have the possibility to get their Nemesis frameset at what seems a very good deal - just wondering if any others have experience of these frames ?

Thanks in advance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

indigo

by indigo

noone ? :(

Roeboe

by Roeboe

You don't see a lot of racers around here riding prorace by their own choice... Won't say that they are bad bikes, but I would not want one. The brand has kind of a cheap image in Belgium...

bones

by bones

Seeing now many people use a frame is not a really good basis for determining if that frame is any good.

Roeboe

by Roeboe

bones wrote:Seeing now many people use a frame is not a really good basis for determining if that frame is any good.

Did i say the frames are any good? I just said riders around here don't like to ride them. Some models are not that stiff as i've heard...

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

To answer the OP with as much factual info as possible: the nemesis is a very well constructed frameset ( made of torayca carbon on the same production line as the bigger names in cycling). it is light (if I recall, around 900g for size medium). However, as a race bike this may not be your best option in the Prorace line up: the nemesis follows the trend of long head tube/ shorter top tube for those who are less flexible etc. They have several nice racing frames: Scylla,Deamon, and a new aero frame, the Drone. if you race, one of these may be a better choice. I have raced 2 seasons on a Scylla, and really like it. Prorace sponsors several smaller pro squads in belgium and france, and they use mostly scylla. True, they don't have the "cache" of the brands that sponsor the big teams, but nothing wrong with that. I was at the prorace factory 2 years ago in belgium, where they design and build the bikes ( they have the raw carbon frames shipped from asia like everyone else). Nice set up and truely belgian.

kodiesan

by kodiesan

Roeboe wrote:
bones wrote:Seeing now many people use a frame is not a really good basis for determining if that frame is any good.

Did i say the frames are any good? I just said riders around here don't like to ride them. Some models are not that stiff as i've heard...

+1
Have to agree with Roeboe on this one, Prorace hasn't got a really good reputation in belgium...

indigo

by indigo

Thanks for feedback guys, especially Fignon for the detailed review. After having lived there a few years, I guess I still have a soft spot for all things belgian ..

Roeboe

by Roeboe

Well, a friend racer broke his frame in 4 places (he is a big heavy guy with lots of power though)...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com