armstrong's new aero position

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

You really think the AX brakes are that much more aero over new DA? I don't see it. Plus he's lossing alot of stopping power, not that you really need it on a TT bike.

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Cyco wrote:Ye Balde One, did you have the AX hubs with all the spokes coming from the outside of the hub? Now that was a pain in the neck if you broke a spoke!

I'm rathur envious that you have a pair of Molodo Kronos brakes, they wre seriously light, bit scary though.... Did you ever have the pleasue of the wonderful downtube shifter coming off in your hand?

I used to have those hubs, never had any problems with spoke breakage so I can't say, but building them sure was fun.

I once tried using Kronos on a road bike, until down a descent BOTH cables pulled through the clamp screws, which made me even more wary of the Cat-Claws, their screws were the same size. I destroyed a pair of Vittoria shoes that day just slowing down enough to make a hairpin bend.

I have a set of the levers NIB, but I never used them back in the day, I used Simplex retrofriction all the time but for my Dura Ace AX bike until the New Dura Ace came out in 1986.
Ride lightly!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

:-)

by :-)

Superlite wrote:You really think the AX brakes are that much more aero over new DA? I don't see it. Plus he's lossing alot of stopping power, not that you really need it on a TT bike.

i think he wants a set ov campag delta's when he grows up :lol:

cadence90

by cadence90

:-) wrote:
Superlite wrote:You really think the AX brakes are that much more aero over new DA? I don't see it. Plus he's lossing alot of stopping power, not that you really need it on a TT bike.

i think he wants a set ov campag delta's when he grows up :lol:

or these!: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42331&item=3662002364

"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

cadence90

by cadence90

"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

trick cyclist

by trick cyclist

Great to see some people remember back to 1985; only took my 600AX's off last year after I nearly arse-ended other riders in my club runs - lack of power, and the blocks had gone hard! I assume there must be a source of blocks somewhere, anyone know?

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

trick cyclist wrote:Great to see some people remember back to 1985; only took my 600AX's off last year after I nearly arse-ended other riders in my club runs - lack of power, and the blocks had gone hard! I assume there must be a source of blocks somewhere, anyone know?

Whiskers or Alan Shorter?
Ride lightly!

cadence90

by cadence90

trick cyclist wrote:Great to see some people remember back to 1985; only took my 600AX's off last year after I nearly arse-ended other riders in my club runs - lack of power, and the blocks had gone hard! I assume there must be a source of blocks somewhere, anyone know?

You might also try ShimanoAX Enthusiasts:
http://www.shimanoax.com/
e-mail: info@shimanoax.com

MantraPro

by MantraPro

Anyone knows a brake called Rejola ?