Power Cordz - Special Bolt?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jordo99

by jordo99

Just wondering if anyone has seen or used these before:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IO-DuPont-POWER ... 45ec7e550b

Judging from what I've seen of Power Cordz installation, it's a PITA to get them set up properly so I thought this might make it easier.

I'm currently waiting for all my parts for a new build and debating on getting the Power Cordz instead of using the Alligator iLink cables.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Also very interested in this topic. I have a pair of Ax-Lightness Orion brakes and have been unable to find the correct BTP part to allow me to use Power Cordz with this particular brake setup.

Could this bolt allow me to use Power Cordz with the EE Brakes? I have tried the blue rubber groumets sold by Dupont but have been unable to get them to work correctly.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sungod

by sungod

the brakes are pretty easy to do

my experience is the front mech is the only part that is awkward, because it's hard to get the tension correct, but after experiment i found a way that works for me reliably

if you look in this thread i posted some details on how i install powercordz...

viewtopic.php?p=812939#p812939" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

overall, whether it's brake cables or gear cables, one of the most important things is getting all the adjusters, mechs etc. in the right place for the install, the settings i indicate work well for me on sram red

also, clamp cables gently until you are sure the tension is correct, you can verify correct operation without fully squishing the sleeve

elsewhere in the thread there're also some posts from people using i-links, and some advice from powercordz too

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Are you refering to the OP ebay bolts or the BTP Ax-lightness device I was asking about? Thanks mark

Dammit

by Dammit

mnmasotto wrote:Also very interested in this topic. I have a pair of Ax-Lightness Orion brakes and have been unable to find the correct BTP part to allow me to use Power Cordz with this particular brake setup.

Could this bolt allow me to use Power Cordz with the EE Brakes? I have tried the blue rubber groumets sold by Dupont but have been unable to get them to work correctly.

I'm using Power Cordz with EE brakes, using the stock parts- works fine. Fiddly to setup, but you soon forget that.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Powercordz with AX brakes is a pain, even using the Btp clamp. Setting the tension isn't easy. It works, but it's not great....which describes Powercordz in general. I have an extra set of Powercordz clamps made by Mattius Hellore (in alum) if anyone is interested. It's my last set, and they are a pain to acquire so if anyone wants them, make me a good offer.

t3z

by t3z

Hi Gumgardner,
Could you post some pics of your bolts and specs if possible?
I am looking at getting some machined up as I can't locate any. :thumbup:

lalahsghost

by lalahsghost

Juanmoretime wrote:I have a pair of those clasps laying in my desk. If anybody wants them just PM me. No I'm not selling them I'm giving them away.

Same thing with me. Pay shipping, and they're yours.

EDIT:In communication with someone. Keep an eye, just in case things fall through :shock:
Last edited by lalahsghost on Sat May 19, 2012 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

t3z

by t3z

Pm'd

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I will buy the Power Cordz bolts for my Ax-Lightness brakes. PM what price you want. Thanks mark

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Dammit wrote:
mnmasotto wrote:Also very interested in this topic. I have a pair of Ax-Lightness Orion brakes and have been unable to find the correct BTP part to allow me to use Power Cordz with this particular brake setup.

I'm using Power Cordz with EE brakes, using the stock parts- works fine. Fiddly to setup, but you soon forget that.

Very interested in how you tie up the cord on the EE brake clamp. Would love to see a photo!