New Planet X N2A - Now Built, Pics on Page 2.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

danny4xboy

by danny4xboy

Boy, Thanks a million for all of the comments and feedback. I did my first race on it toda an it got loads of attention at the race HQ which was nice.

Solarider, I like your keen eye for details but yeah the seat being forward is very much a positional thing. I just like to be seated as far forward over the BB as possible, its just where i feel most powerful.

Gravity, the Fast Forward wheels are great, really responsive, super stiff and very smoot. They float nicley over rougher roads and for m they are great becuase they dont get effected by side winds as nuch as my Planet x wheels.

Cerro, Im still playing with te cockpit position but generally i do ride with hoods slightly up because when they are pointing flat or down they just make me feel like i am lurching forward to much.

And Finally, Spytech, rgarding your question abot harness, yes it is harsher that the Nanolight but this is relected more in road feel and feedback rather than discomfort or fatigue. I still feel like i could do a 7 or 8 hours on it easy.

Again, cheers for the all the commenst.

Dan
Rapid Performance Coaching
http://www.rpc-cyclecoach.co.uk
Personal one-one coaching and performance training

JensW

by JensW

danny4xboy wrote:
Cerro, Im still playing with te cockpit position but generally i do ride with hoods slightly up because when they are pointing flat or down they just make me feel like i am lurching forward to much.

but why do you then have a negative stem? i mean, if you then has to have the hoods and handlebar pouting up

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

danny4xboy

by danny4xboy

Cuz that's what I had on my other bike and have just swapped it on to this one. Once I have figured out my position I will be buying a 6 degree rise stem.

JensW

by JensW

danny4xboy wrote:Cuz that's what I had on my other bike and have just swapped it on to this one. Once I have figured out my position I will be buying a 6 degree rise stem.

aha then i understand :D and no spacers? really like the design of the frame, a margin for that price :D

TerribleCadence

by TerribleCadence

JensW wrote:
TerribleCadence wrote:Is this the one thats not actually an open mold chinese flexy frame?

flexy? the other frame, the one you are talking about, are from beginning designed by velocity, and velocities version is far from flexy :D

but this aero frame is much more interesting :D

The planet X SL pro carbon is what I was talking about. Unfortunately I had one, and an Exocet TT bike. Was glad to be rid of them, not saving money by buying cheap frames again.
FELT AR0 Now sold.
CAAD10 Force 22, Quarq, Ksyrium SLR
LOOK 695 Light, Force22, Zipp 303.

danny4xboy

by danny4xboy

After racing a stage race over the weekend I had the chance to put the bike through its paces, check out my full review of the N2A on my Blog, Hope you find it useful.
http://rapidperformancecoaching.blogspo ... eview.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dan

amnesia

by amnesia

Very nice - I was contemplating a Venge frame at the end of the summer, but why wouldn't I buy one of these at 1/3 price ?

The black & red will match my existing kit perfectly too...

spytech

by spytech

Nice, read... thanks for the report. only trouble is, i do not have deep/aero wheels. i dont think it would look good with out them... does that sound a bit vain? if possible, do you have open pro type wheels you can take a pic with? thanks in advance.

i just checked the website and they have the white with silver. looks really good!!!

Last edited by spytech on Sun May 13, 2012 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

dummey

by dummey

That white looks quite nice....

Marzz

by Marzz

Man that thing is HOT!!
S-Works Venge

danny4xboy

by danny4xboy

spytech wrote:Nice, read... thanks for the report. only trouble is, i do not have deep/aero wheels. i dont think it would look good with out them... does that sound a bit vain? if possible, do you have open pro type wheels you can take a pic with? thanks in advance.

i just checked the website and they have the white with silver. looks really good!!!

Hey Spytech, sorry this took so long but here is a pic with low profile wheels, I dont think it looks to bad.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

spytech

by spytech

danny4xboy wrote:Hey Spytech, sorry this took so long but here is a pic with low profile wheels, I dont think it looks to bad.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

no problem, thanks for the pic. it doesn't look bad at all. so is your opinion still the same about the frame? i am leaning towards the white. i already have a white bike with some white parts.

superlav

by superlav

I also have been waiting weeks and months for the N2A and finally got my frame today :)

However, I was more than a little disappointed when I put it on the scales 1272g for a Large. WTF!!!
I thought I might have a wrong size or something, but then when I checked the P-X website I see they have revised the weight upwards by almost 300g :evil:

danny4xboy wrote: Its comes it at just under 1kg, 987g to be precise.

Danny, I'm curious to know if you weighed your frame or were you quoting the listed weight?

I'm disgusted!!! This is heavier than my old and battered P-X SL Pro Carbon.

Frame - 1272g
Fork (Uncut) - 407g
Seatpost - 201g
Headset - 134g
Total = 2042g

EDIT: this turned out to be an X-Large as they gave the wrong size, Large weights confirmed on next page
Last edited by superlav on Tue May 29, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

danny4xboy

by danny4xboy

Mmmmm, maybe my local shop need to recalibrate there scales..

Oh well, it's light enough for me anyway. I don't think you can ask for much considering is only £800

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

superlav

by superlav

I've just realised they gave me an XL frame instead of a Large, so the weights I've quoted above are actually for an XL.

Now that this frame is going back anyway, I''ll have to confirm the L frame weight before I decide if it's what I want.

Either way it's exceptionally bad form from Planet-X to advertise a frame (size L) as being 950g for over 6 months and then when they finally get to market now they quote a medium as being 1240g.
That's an increase of over 30%!!!!!