Farsport cyclecross rims

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TimmS

by TimmS

Has anyone on here experience with the FSJ-50 rim from Farsports?
Will these also be more aero like the zipp firecrest or enve smart?

http://www.farsports.cn/ViewProduct.aspx?id=725

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

I would like to see them offer a 38mm tubular version. You might want to set aside some time and search through this thread over on RBR as there are several people who have mentioned purchasing wheelsets built with the road clincher version of that rim.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Focus-Carbon does one.
http://www.focus-carbon.com/ProductShow.asp?id=559

And if I'm right, this is a trustful company.

Not the same weight listed so may be they aren't the same rims. I thought yes at first :idea:

mjduct

by mjduct

who needs aero cyclocross rims?

dummey

by dummey

mjduct wrote:who needs aero cyclocross rims?

Deeper rims then to be stiffer, especially laterally. The deeper rim also helps you "cut" through the mud. By keep the rim from getting completely submerged, you don't have to break surface tension on the way out.

blantonator

by blantonator

this was debunked. though they are generally stiffer, which is good.
Last edited by Frankie - B on Sat May 19, 2012 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed the quote

dummey

by dummey

Oh hums, can I get a source for that? As far as I know, it is a "myth" that deeper rims went through mud faster, but submerging a rim was still a concern.
Last edited by Frankie - B on Sat May 19, 2012 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed the quoted quote. C'mon guys!

blantonator

by blantonator

dummey wrote:
blantonator wrote:Oh hums, can I get a source for that? As far as I know, it is a "myth" that deeper rims went through mud faster, but submerging a rim was still a concern.

one of the german magazines did an article about it last cross season. sorry don't have a link.
Last edited by Frankie - B on Sat May 19, 2012 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed a large part of that quote.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Is this topic intednded to be in the road forum? I'm confused as is specifically asks about Cross products. OP, please let us know, or maybe even alter the topic title in such a way that things are more clear.

And also the current 'trend' on WW again is to hit the quote button when replying. Please, if you write a reply then just click reply. if you really desperately need to quote, clean the quote and leave the part where you are commenting on. This prevents that annoying big quote balloon and it saves server space.

Thanks! :thumbup:
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

TimmS

by TimmS

It is about a "cross product", but in the trend of wide rims being used on the road I wonder whether this rim is interesting for roadracing or not.
In the picture of the rimprofile from focus-carbon, the rim also seems to bee less V-shaped than the normal cheap roadrims.
I haven't found anything about these rims on here.

The name of the topic is a little confusing, but I'm talking about cross rims for road use.

mentok

by mentok

i saw the 23mm wide yishun rims come up a few months ago and i've been wondering the same thing. they were being talked about as cross-specific rims but at 400g for a 50mm tubular it would definitely be possible to build them into a 1300-1400g road wheelset which is certainly competitive. small weight penalty IF they ride nice and IF there's an aero benefit. haven't read any testimonials that would support either of those expectations though...

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

mjduct wrote:who needs aero cyclocross rims?

:noidea:

You have to search for "cyclocross rims" to get chinese rims with a wide profile.

But it is intended for road use too. Just a wide tire bed.

xuelan

by xuelan

bc sparks wrote:Yishun also has a 23mm wide 50 mm deep carbon tubular.

http://www.yishunbike.com/2012-yishunbike-50mm-wider-with-23mm-width-carbon-rims-p-654.html

I know this rims, i want to found a 23mm wide tubular rims for MTB disc wheels, but this rims is for road bike, and
they only have 23mm wide clincher, that's a pity, does anyone know where i can find a 700c x 20mm deep x 23mm wide( if 24mm wide might as well) x 32h tubular rims
Thanks

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Great to see wider generic rims, unfortunately no basalt brake track yet?

I'm thinking an 38mm deep, 23mm wide rim with basalt treatment would make a great do-it-all wheel.

Edit: Looks like the Revolution Wheelworks rev-33 is pretty much that. Are they bases on Gigantex rims?

Edit 2: The specs of Farsports, Focus-Carbon and Yishun's 50mm deep / 23mm wide rims are very similar. Are they the same product after all?
Last edited by HillRPete on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com