Paid posters on WW?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Arky

by Arky

It is my belief that WW has the greatest "weight" on the web regarding cycling product advice and tech info. Do a tech query on Google for any mid or upper level cycling product, and WW will normally be your best link. This puts a large value on the experiences posted here. I am starting to believe there are people in the industry bashing competitive products without reveling their identity. There seems to be especially vitriolic posts from members with less than 100 posts popping up lately. Do you see something unusual happening or am I being paranoid?

BTW, I applaud the industry people who do reveal themselves and post here to help with questions and misconceptions.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Liggero

by Liggero

Good point, I also noticed that possibility too. Some people say that's bad with no other reasons behind, quite suspicious.
Happy Trails !!!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Arky wrote: There seems to be especially vitriolic posts from members with less than 100 posts popping up lately. Do you see something unusual happening or am I being paranoid?

Could you link or reference the posts in question?

I thought you were referring to a certain poster here from the UK who is particularly passionate about simultaneously lauding Rapha/Campagnolo/AnythingItalian/Condor/Rapha-related while trashing anything that isn't Rapha/Campagnolo/AnythingItalian/Condor/Rapha-related. But he/she has more than 100 posts.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Not paid! I have declared my bias though, as I work for Condor & have done work on behalf of Rapha. :lol: Happy?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Always happy to have this forum an active exchange of ideas and knowledge. :D
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

sawyer

by sawyer

Why not require everyone who works in the industry to add that to their signature? Clearly someone making a living from selling X,Y or Z product has a financial incentive, though often they will have the best insight also.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

sawyer wrote:Why not require everyone who works in the industry to add that to their signature? Clearly someone making a living from selling X,Y or Z product has a financial incentive, though often they will have the best insight also.

No problem.

Roobay

by Roobay

on other non related cycling forums that i frequent, anyone in the industry has to disclose in there signature or avatar that they are in the "Trade", they also are not allowed to "punt" for business openly in the forum, if they dont comply they they are banned :smartass:
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

shadwell

by shadwell

Cos the ones who wanna bash others products will want to remain unknown...
Can't rely on decency from douche bags.....

me

by me

I think most that are in the indusrty that are here to help disclose who they are, if people are here to bag products on purpose they aren't going to disclose that they are from a competitor

sawyer

by sawyer

Juanmoretime wrote:We mark every known industry rep under their avatar. :shock: Love them contributing or sneak previews but no gorilla marketing.

I just recently spent some time with some people from Zipp and Sram and they do come here and not necessarily to post. They know that we are always on the leading trends of cycling and are always very interested in our thoughts, wants and wishes.

Good to hear. WW owns all other bike forums for depth of knowledge on parts.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

mjduct

by mjduct

that is actually becoming a huuuuge business, the "get paid to work at home" crowd is starting to do reviews/ social media postings for cash. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see it on a well known forum.

and I believe the term is "Guerrilla Marketing"

this is Gorilla Marketing:

VNTech

by VNTech

You'd think that an industry such as cycling would attract generally good people, but alas the slimeball percentage is roughly on par with the wider population.

And you'd be surprised how many industry folk frequent these virtual halls. I hear WW referenced frequently.

Hi, my name is Caley, I work for VeloNews, and I approve this message.
VeloNews Magazine/VeloNews.com tech

lalahsghost

by lalahsghost

What is the given precedence for other big bike forums when it comes to insiders? Ex RBR/BF.NET?

I wish industries cared enough about me to send schwag for me to misrepresent to the public. :roll: 8) :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

horse

by horse

prendrefeu wrote:Always happy to have this forum an active exchange of ideas and knowledge. :D

Do you ever have any original thoughts of your own?