armstrong's new aero position

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

You really think the AX brakes are that much more aero over new DA? I don't see it. Plus he's lossing alot of stopping power, not that you really need it on a TT bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Cyco wrote:Ye Balde One, did you have the AX hubs with all the spokes coming from the outside of the hub? Now that was a pain in the neck if you broke a spoke!

I'm rathur envious that you have a pair of Molodo Kronos brakes, they wre seriously light, bit scary though.... Did you ever have the pleasue of the wonderful downtube shifter coming off in your hand?

I used to have those hubs, never had any problems with spoke breakage so I can't say, but building them sure was fun.

I once tried using Kronos on a road bike, until down a descent BOTH cables pulled through the clamp screws, which made me even more wary of the Cat-Claws, their screws were the same size. I destroyed a pair of Vittoria shoes that day just slowing down enough to make a hairpin bend.

I have a set of the levers NIB, but I never used them back in the day, I used Simplex retrofriction all the time but for my Dura Ace AX bike until the New Dura Ace came out in 1986.
Ride lightly!

:-)

by :-)

Superlite wrote:You really think the AX brakes are that much more aero over new DA? I don't see it. Plus he's lossing alot of stopping power, not that you really need it on a TT bike.

i think he wants a set ov campag delta's when he grows up :lol:

cadence90

by cadence90

:-) wrote:
Superlite wrote:You really think the AX brakes are that much more aero over new DA? I don't see it. Plus he's lossing alot of stopping power, not that you really need it on a TT bike.

i think he wants a set ov campag delta's when he grows up :lol:

or these!: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42331&item=3662002364

"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

cadence90

by cadence90

"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

trick cyclist

by trick cyclist

Great to see some people remember back to 1985; only took my 600AX's off last year after I nearly arse-ended other riders in my club runs - lack of power, and the blocks had gone hard! I assume there must be a source of blocks somewhere, anyone know?

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

trick cyclist wrote:Great to see some people remember back to 1985; only took my 600AX's off last year after I nearly arse-ended other riders in my club runs - lack of power, and the blocks had gone hard! I assume there must be a source of blocks somewhere, anyone know?

Whiskers or Alan Shorter?
Ride lightly!

cadence90

by cadence90

trick cyclist wrote:Great to see some people remember back to 1985; only took my 600AX's off last year after I nearly arse-ended other riders in my club runs - lack of power, and the blocks had gone hard! I assume there must be a source of blocks somewhere, anyone know?

You might also try ShimanoAX Enthusiasts:
http://www.shimanoax.com/
e-mail: info@shimanoax.com

MantraPro

by MantraPro

Anyone knows a brake called Rejola ?