Chinese FM028 - UPDATES PAGE 3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

philhul

by philhul

It is a Token X-Wing, and yes it's really flexy! It's very comfortable as a result and takes out a lot of the harshness from bumps and potholes. Longest ride I've done on it was about 4 hours and I had no saddle related issues at the end. Previous saddle was a Selle San Marco Regal e which I'm sure was a bit wider but I decided to try this without thinking about the size too much. I got it cheap second hand so thought I'd give it a go and luckily it's comfortable. And only 114g.

dolophonic

by dolophonic

Looks good.
The Brooks bar tape should last for years.
Enjoy

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

philhul, that saddle looks a winner, is there a rider weight limit. At 190lbs I fear I maybe too much of clyde to make it work

philhul

by philhul

New seatpost, handlebars and wheels. With the cassette and chain fitted now 6.6kg.

I think this could be the end of the line. I'm a bit bored of the stealth look and I've got an itch for steel.

Last edited by philhul on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hetchins68

by hetchins68

looks good !!!...
how do you like your LTD bar ? :D

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

What bottles u got there phil? Look tidy with the stealth build....

philhul

by philhul

Rapha Bidon, though they seem to have changed the design

http://www.rapha.cc/bidon-1

Alreadyhadone

by Alreadyhadone

This bike looks amazing.. Frame looks a lot like a pina Dogma.

The only problem I have with Chinese DESIGNED products and bikes is the uncertainty of the quality and durability... I say this because I did bought a Chinese phone for 100+ euro's and it literally fell apart after 20 days in which I had to recharge the phone after alomst each call....

Guy

by Guy

Alreadyhadone wrote:This bike looks amazing.. Frame looks a lot like a pina Dogma.

The only problem I have with Chinese DESIGNED products and bikes is the uncertainty of the quality and durability... I say this because I did bought a Chinese phone for 100+ euro's and it literally fell apart after 20 days in which I had to recharge the phone after alomst each call....

Looks nothing like a Dogma.

There are plenty of owners on these forums who can testify to the durability of these Chinese frames.

RMcC

by RMcC

I was thinking the same thing about looking like a dogma. There are chinese frames on ebay from the same company that has the wavy fork and stays like one.

philhul

by philhul

Definitely not a Dogma! It's far too light anyway :wink:

Carbonzone had plenty of good feedback so I was comfortable buying from them. Would be more wary of a new seller.

hetchins68 - the bars are great and at 182g a bit lighter than I was expecting for ergonovas.

Liggero

by Liggero

A dogma? guys you should go to the doctor to have your vision checked up. It could be a trek madone replica, but not a Dogma. This design is a few thousand times better than any current Pinarello :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :welcome: :beerchug:
Happy Trails !!!

Arnomatic

by Arnomatic

Hi Phil,

I think someone previousy mentioned that you could put Trek stickers on this frame and get away with it. I thought you and others in this forum might be interested to see my FM028 that I bought 7 years ago after seeing your original post!

I got the stickers off ebay and ran with them for a good few months. Definitely looks the part, however I've since taken them off due to feeling like a fraud!

I'll put up more images of the bike soon, it's gone through a few iterations over the years but finally getting to where I want it. Are you still riding yours?

All the best,
Joe
IMG_1041.JPG