HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:23 pm
Posts: 635
Location: New York, NY
i purchased a grab bag box from then a few weeks ago and had no issues. The one message i sent them was answered very quick and the shipping was blazing fast for where it came from.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:44 am
Posts: 1763
Location: Canada
I think most of the LBS here would rate below 90% if they had feedback scores from all the customers. Some of them probably below 80%...

Louis :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:38 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:32 pm
Posts: 7412
Location: Los Angeles / Glendale, California
I'm actually more disappointed no one is claiming a false advertising with them, as most of their products are not coming from any professional cyclists at all - just any ol' joe and schmoe can sell their used equipment through them.

In their defense, it is "Pros" without any apostrophe. It is not "Pro's" so therefore it's some closet that they are selling out of that they call "Pros" pronounced like "prose"

Anyway, despite their high rating I've never even bothered watching any of their listings: too often the description did not match the pictures in the condition of the product, and that they didn't come from any pro's either.

_________________
Exp001 || TeamLACBC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:02 pm
Posts: 1940
Location: Getting dropped
lol wat?
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/t ... ght-32371/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.roadbikeaction.com/ARCHIVE-N ... Parts.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These guys do thousands of transactions on eBay every month. Have you ever dealt with the average eBayer? They're idiots. I'm blown away that the Pros Closet has such amazing feedback score numbers so they must obviously be doing something right.

_________________
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:32 pm
Posts: 7412
Location: Los Angeles / Glendale, California
What part of the word "most" don't you understand, 2002SaecoReplica ?
Want to re-read the post again?

_________________
Exp001 || TeamLACBC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:54 am
Posts: 1412
Location: Melbourne, Australia
prendrefeu wrote:
What part of the word "most" don't you understand, 2002SaecoReplica ?
Want to re-read the post again?


I am now going to stop buying from Competitive Cyclist because I bet the guys probably don't compete or are competitive. :lol:

It is just a name...

_________________
http://climbinglama.blogspot.com.au


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:50 pm
Posts: 181
I purchased one item from them. They saw that I was local, refunded my shipping, and told me I could pick up the item at their warehouse. Color me satisfied.

_________________
GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 347
prendrefeu wrote:
I'm actually more disappointed no one is claiming a false advertising with them, as most of their products are not coming from any professional cyclists at all - just any ol' joe and schmoe can sell their used equipment through them.

In their defense, it is "Pros" without any apostrophe. It is not "Pro's" so therefore it's some closet that they are selling out of that they call "Pros" pronounced like "prose"

Anyway, despite their high rating I've never even bothered watching any of their listings: too often the description did not match the pictures in the condition of the product, and that they didn't come from any pro's either.


Absolutely. I quit buying from the Pampered Chef when I found out they were just workaday chef's like the rest of us, and don't get me started about those lying POS's at the Pottery Barn: turns out it's a cinderblock warehouse surrounded by a huge employee parking lot!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 167
Camilo wrote:
Absolutely. I quit buying from the Pampered Chef when I found out they were just workaday chef's like the rest of us, and don't get me started about those lying POS's at the Pottery Barn: turns out it's a cinderblock warehouse surrounded by a huge employee parking lot!


Color me disillusioned! :lol:

Personally, I've had decent service from the pros closet when they once sent the wrong item and once when I complained that I didn't receive part of my order. Annoying to get the wrong thing but with their volume, I didn't hold it against them and they fixed it promptly... Just my personal experience.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:36 am
Posts: 152
Roobay wrote:
did you check there feedback :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :unbelievable: :unbelievable: :unbelievable:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... gative_365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh no! 0.08% negative feedback in the last year!

_________________
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 4:43 pm
Posts: 5096
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed
Dalai wrote:
prendrefeu wrote:
What part of the word "most" don't you understand, 2002SaecoReplica ?
Want to re-read the post again?


I am now going to stop buying from Competitive Cyclist because I bet the guys probably don't compete or are competitive. :lol:

It is just a name...
No, the customer is supposed to be the competitive cyclist, or buying stuff from them will make you more competitive, or something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:54 am
Posts: 1412
Location: Melbourne, Australia
HammerTime2 wrote:
Dalai wrote:
prendrefeu wrote:
What part of the word "most" don't you understand, 2002SaecoReplica ?
Want to re-read the post again?


I am now going to stop buying from Competitive Cyclist because I bet the guys probably don't compete or are competitive. :lol:

It is just a name...
No, the customer is supposed to be the competitive cyclist, or buying stuff from them will make you more competitive, or something.


So that is my problem, I need to buy from CC so I can win! :lol:

_________________
http://climbinglama.blogspot.com.au


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 4:43 pm
Posts: 5096
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed
Well, I don't know about that. But if you buy from CC and don't return the merchandise, then they win.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Boulder, CO
To whom it may concern,

You can always CALL us. We have a customer service person on hand to dial in ANY issue / purchase you make from us. That is the quickest and most personal way to get things handled.

http://theproscloset.com/contact-us/

We are here to put our customer first and our feedback should show our commitment to each order. Your order is no exception and we will dial you in as well.

I am not sure where your emails have been going because we reply to all emails within 24 hours.

Email me personally at Nick@theproscloset.com with your order number and I will look into it further.

I am the owner and I will figure out where your communication didn't go through as well as solve your issue.

Please feel free to email me or call me with any questions or concerns you may have.

I look forward to getting you dialed in.

Best of Rides,

Nick Martin
President / Founder
The Pros Closet

_________________
http://www.theproscloset.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:54 pm
Posts: 164
critracer26 wrote:
i purchased a grab bag box from then a few weeks ago and had no issues. The one message i sent them was answered very quick and the shipping was blazing fast for where it came from.


So do tell--what was in the grab box?


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:32 am 


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dirty32, Google [Bot], Spinnekop and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. REACH... does it matter? Colnago v Cervelo (and others)

in Road

Rodecki

9

1319

Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:01 pm

highpowernut View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. SRAM Red Rear Derailleur, missing B-tension spring? [solved]

in Road

n808

0

359

Fri May 16, 2014 3:18 am

n808 View the latest post


It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:10 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB