Carbone Pro spokes??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addicted

by addicted

I have a Mavic Cosmic Carbone Pro wheel that needs to be trued. The spokes look more normal than the Carbone SL spokes. They are of course internal, and even with a flashlight, I can't see into the carbon rim well enough through the spoke holes on the tire bed to see what kind of tool I need to adjust the nipple. What do I need here??
Help!
Referring to these:
http://6a.img.v4.skyrock.net/6af/junior ... _small.jpg

joeyruan
in the industry

by joeyruan

i also want to know, anybody know

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kasparz

by Kasparz

5.5mm hex head

addicted

by addicted

Kasparz wrote:5.5mm hex head

That's what I though, and it may be correct, but the spoke holes in the pro carbon rim are not nearly large enough to allow that L shaped tool (or a generic 5mm socket) through.
Does Mavic provide a special sized tool that is different from the L tool that comes with the SL carbones?

Thanks

Kasparz

by Kasparz

I bought 5.5mm hex head and my dad grinded it down so it fits into a spoke hole.

addicted

by addicted

Kasparz wrote:I bought 5.5mm hex head and my dad grinded it down so it fits into a spoke hole.

Thanks, might have to resort to something like that. But there must be some sort of tool from Mavic for them. Too bad it is near impossible to actually contact Mavic tech support....

addicted

by addicted

OK, some serious googling... :) lead me to the dealer login for their tech manuals, then in the older than 2007 section, found the manual for replacing spokes on the carbone pros, and it shows the spoke tool needed (spoke wrench 323 908 01):

Now to find one.....ugghh...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com