Super Record or Enve 25's...best spent $2500

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Check out shinybikes.com They have super record gruppos for a lot less than $2500

bman11

by bman11

Thanks for all of the replies and advice, very helpful. I'm currently shopping for deals in both directions. I will keep you guys posted.
Just dig in and climb it!!!

bman11

by bman11

I decided to go for the Super Record group with Ti cranks. I am very happy with my decision. Quick ride report: The first thing I noticed after almost 6 years on Record 10 was the added reach to the hoods! I initially thought this would be an issue, but I quickly adapted to it. The hoods are unbelievably comfortable compared to the Record 10's. The front shifts are very quick and precise, and the rear runs silent and smooth. The only thing that I miss from the Record 10 is the firm and definite shifts at the levers. Super Record shifts almost too smoothly. Thanks for all of your advice and comments.
Just dig in and climb it!!!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Presuming your levers are current? They changed in 2011 and adopted a slightly firmer feel than early generation 11 Speed. Still, not quite as firm as 10spd.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

I'd get another frame.

2.38 are already a good combination of lightness and relative stiffness and definitely climbing wheels imo.

Campy Record seems ok and unless going for Shimano Di2, I don't see any big upgrade.

Honestly, with 2.5k€ I'd get a custom frame in any metal :beerchug: