Carbon CX-frame(set) for disc brakes (w/ internal cabling) ?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

concorde

by concorde

Dear weenies,

I'm looking for reasonably priced carbon cx-frame(set) for disc brakes. I would really like it to have internal cable routings (at least in top tube) for better looks. I know, that many cx frames has cables on the top of the top tube for carrying purposes, but I don't race. The price range would be somewhere under 1200 eur...

So far I have found following frames:

Dirty Disco: nice, good price, but the cables on the top tube....
Axman would be a potential candidate, but I haven't got any response about price/dealers from them.
Grammo looks nice, but do they have any dealers in Europe?
Stevens looks very good, but I think the price rockets way too high for me
Merida is a strong candidate still, 'cos I don't know the price of the frameset. Anybody?

Would one alternative be 29er hardtail, or would it look too heavy for road use? Anything else one must take in consideration, if 29er hardtail is used with road groupset (SRAM Force)?

Any experience (or forum threads) about Alibaba-frames? Are you getting just as much quality as the price indicates?

ms6073

by ms6073

concorde wrote:Axman would be a potential candidate, but I haven't got any response about price/dealers from them.

And you are not likely to get any response unless you are interested in purchasing a container full of frames. FYI, the Axman CYC5 is what Foundry Cycles in the US is marketing as the Auger.

concorde wrote:Any experience (or forum threads) about Alibaba-frames? Are you getting just as much quality as the price indicates?
I purchased a couple time trial framesets direct from DengFu Sports in China with no issues but have no experirence with obtaining CX bikes.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rainerhq

by rainerhq

What about this? (Their website is very slow.)
BB drop is 58mm!?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

ms6073

by ms6073

rainerhq wrote:What about this? (Their website is very slow.)

The Dengfu FM059 is brand new and was posted to the website only within the last few days. I have sent an email asking about whether it can be purchased with a PF30/BB30 bottom bracket but seems like the frame will be a tad heavy at 1600 grams. I note that this has internal cables but the manufacturer opted to run the rear deraileur along the downtube and the front deraileur along the top tube when they could have reversed that or run both along the downtube to avoid having to use a pulley for front deraileur.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

rainerhq

by rainerhq

FM059
I got prices from Deng Fu:
frame 668$
headset 14$
shipping 150$
The frame is a bit more expensive than I thought.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

rainerhq wrote:I got prices from Deng Fu

While a bit more than some of the other offerings, I can get two of the FM059 for nearly the same price as a 2013 Ridley X-Fire or similar. Just curious what email address did you use? I have sent several to the address listed on the website (dengfubikes@163.com) but have yet to recieve a reply.

Update: I found that I got much better results corresponding with Dengfu using dengfusales@163.com and have been trading e-mails with Mina over the past week and am about to finalize purchase of two of the FM059 framesets with the paint and logos (yes, the 'CROSS' logo on the top tube should be on each side and one not stretched):
- Michael