BB30 Adapter for Shimano Cranks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JesseD

by JesseD

http://wheelsmfg.com/bb-30-shims-shimano.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone using these successfuly with no creaking issues that a lot of people have experienced (including me).

I am swapping from Campag to Shimano and am torn between putting a converter sleeve in or using these.

Thanks

Jesse

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Use the converter sleeve or the KCNC adapter bottom bracket. I have experienced some persistent creaking issues with these. If you want to try them out I will sell you mine once my LBS installs my converter sleeve!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petal666

by petal666

I use the Enduro adaptor and it creaks. I've heard the wmf one has less issues with creaking but I'm about to put a sleeve in and use my Chris King bb instead.

JesseD

by JesseD

THe creaking of my campag hubs drove me made so it looks like the sleeve for me then

BrianAllan

by BrianAllan

I'm using both the WMF durlin cups on my MTB and the HSC cups. Almost no creaking issues with either. I'm actually not sure which one I prefer either. I'd recommend either.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

btompkins0112 wrote:Use the converter sleeve or the KCNC adapter bottom bracket. I have experienced some persistent creaking issues with these. If you want to try them out I will sell you mine once my LBS installs my converter sleeve!

Excuse my confusion, which was creaking?

The KCNC adapter, the converter sleeve or neither?

Murphs

by Murphs

I had no creaking issues with the Wheels MFG adapters when I had them in a Tarmac SL3

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Tinea Pedis wrote:
btompkins0112 wrote:Use the converter sleeve or the KCNC adapter bottom bracket. I have experienced some persistent creaking issues with these. If you want to try them out I will sell you mine once my LBS installs my converter sleeve!

Excuse my confusion, which was creaking?

The KCNC adapter, the converter sleeve or neither?

Sorry for the confusion....I was recommending either the converter sleeve or the KCNC bottom bracket over the wheels manufacturing adapter as I experienced persistent creaking with the wheels manufacturing adapter.

musk3t

by musk3t

Get the Praxis BB30 adapter bottom bracket. Rather than a band aid type adapter, it's a dedicated BB30 to 24mm adapter unit.

Much more comprehensive and well thought out that any other I've seen. I've just put one in a bike and couldn't be more impressed. 2year warranty, though I suspect bearings may be replaceable.

cornas

by cornas

I've used both the Wheels MFG and the Enduro adapters without any issues. The KCNC BB looks nice though.

mattfrogy

by mattfrogy

i am running a rotor bb30 to 24 adaptor on my venge with dura ace cranks they do not make a sound and spin for 45 seconds with the chain off. when i showed the specialized rep he was amazed on how well the system works.

rainbowstripes

by rainbowstripes

45 seconds ? Your watch battery has died. It's May now...April Fools is behind us.

mattfrogy

by mattfrogy

so i guess you are a fan of bb30 then

rainbowstripes

by rainbowstripes

Show me a video of your crank spinning for 45 seconds...it ain't happening dude.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

peruffo

by peruffo

If you mean any crankset and not BB30/Shimano, then I'll post a video of a track frame with loose ball Campagnolo Record BB (no seals, runs in oil with oil port since the track is clean) spinning for more than 45 seconds!