Being disappointed by the "THE PROS CLOSET". Matter solved.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

el condor

by el condor

I bought a cycling product at the "Proscloset", on the known selling platform, after I got the product I realized that the product was not as described, so I contacted them via email and send them pictures, they agreed on a partial refund of the money, but unfortunately after two month I have not heard of them anymore, they just wouldn't answer my emails. What could I do?
Last edited by el condor on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrfish

by mrfish

Tell them that they have 5 day to sort it out, then will follow the usual steps making a formal complaint with ebay and Paypal, plus posting feedback on ebay and other major cycling forums describing how you have been treated.

The ProsCloset has quite nice things for sale, but a close look at the photos often reveals that the items have been trashed, e.g cycling shoes looking like someone ran a fast marathon in them on sandpaper, yet the description says 'minor use'. But that's not unusual for ebay in my experience.

el condor

by el condor

Hi, unfortunately I'm a good soul and kept emailing them and they kept emailing me till I figured out that I only hat two months to complain via ebay-which have passed and directly after they wouldn't answer my emails anymore. They new that so now they don't even have a negative feedback from me as I hoped the situation would be solved which they also said. I'm just wondering how many more people habe been treated that way without ever leaving a negative feedback.
Last edited by Frankie - B on Tue May 15, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed the quote

Camilo

by Camilo

Post the same subject on a couple of other forums (like roadbikereview and bikeforums.net). Then, after some discussion in those threads, email the Pro's Closet one more time with links to the discussions, which will include my following comment:

I've looked at the Pro's Closet ebay offerings many, many times. But at this point, I sure will hesitate to buy anything from them in the future.

That might get their attention. But in fairness, if they should resolve it in the future, you should post an epilog on the same threads stating the outcome.

Good luck. May the power of the internet be behind you!

hmai18

by hmai18

File disputes with Paypal and/or your credit card company if you haven't already.

If you still have records of all of your emails back and forth with them where they claim to be attempting to resolve the problem and your subsequent emails that have gone unanswered, you could try sending those to eBay. There's no guarantee they'll be able to do anything about it since their dispute deadline has lapsed, but you never know.

el condor

by el condor

hmai18 wrote:File disputes with Paypal and/or your credit card company if you haven't already.

If you still have records of all of your emails back and forth with them where they claim to be attempting to resolve the problem and your subsequent emails that have gone unanswered, you could try sending those to eBay. There's no guarantee they'll be able to do anything about it since their dispute deadline has lapsed, but you never know.

I tried contacting ebay but after 2 month it's not possible, as it always asks about what item I want to talk to them, put the item number in and since the 2 months have passed the system will stop there stating that the 2 month have passed. Have not found another way how to contact ebay, it's frustrating.

mrfish

by mrfish

There must be another way - it does ebay no good in the long term to be known as the company which allows people to be fobbed off after 2 months. I have always been successful by complaining directly to the C-suite. Look up their names and positions, then work out their company's postal addresses. Send them a registered mail and an email. Do if for both Paypal and ebay.

Other avenues include trading standards (or the local US equivalent in their home state), or you could perhaps file a complaint with their local police? Basically anything to make life difficult for them, and make it easier for them to fix your problem directly. In the UK a summons to a small claims court hearing can be a final solution.

astranoc

by astranoc

Assumming you have paid with PayPal you can use this email to contact them.

complaint-response@paypal.com

Put all the history and emails you have and just hope for the best :)

Roobay

by Roobay

i like people... i just can't stand assholes

Dalai

by Dalai

Roobay wrote:did you check there feedback :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :unbelievable: :unbelievable: :unbelievable:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... gative_365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Though only 19 negative feedback ratings scored with nearly 24,000 posted feedback ratings over 12 months...

I have bought a couple of times including shipping to Australia and would order from them again. Hopefully the OP's issue can be resolved.

el condor

by el condor

Dalai wrote:
Roobay wrote:did you check there feedback :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :unbelievable: :unbelievable: :unbelievable:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... gative_365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Though only 19 negative feedback ratings scored with nearly 24,000 posted feedback ratings over 12 months...

I have bought a couple of times including shipping to Australia and would order from them again. Hopefully the OP's issue can be resolved.

Yeah, add mine which I should have left insted of emailing them till the 2 month buyer protection have passed, plus a certain unknown number that might have acted like me. They keep you on the line till the 2 months have passed...

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Condor, thanks for bringing this up. The same has happend to me with a different shop (details in the archives). I've been considering buying from the pro's closet a few times, but will refrain now.

Megaclocker

by Megaclocker

Bought some 7800 shifters from them, they were very nice.
They shipped quite fast also.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

You can actually call eBay by telephone. Search around.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Camilo

by Camilo

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... gative_365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So you don't consider 99.9% positive good enough?

I'm not disputing the OP's problem, but I often buy from people with less than 100% feedback, and 99.9 wouldn't phase me one bit. I would look at the feed back, and see if there's a pattern, but seriously, you can't expect 100% from someone who has 10's of thousands of transactions.