Kuota Kharma Ultralite 2011

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Bling

by Bling

khm1972 wrote:Great looking bike. I am currently waiting for my new Kuota Kebel 2010 frameset to arrive and it has been orderd in size XXL. I am 192 cm high and I am getting a bid nervous that an XL might have been OK.

Since youvride this XL frame, can I ask how high you are?

Can't wait for it to arrive - just hope it looks alright in XXL :?

Just as a reference, I ride a Kuota Kharma in size L and I am only 175 cm tall (I have a long reach though)...

HillRPete

by HillRPete

khm1972 wrote:Great looking bike. I am currently waiting for my new Kuota Kebel 2010 frameset to arrive and it has been orderd in size XXL. I am 192 cm high and I am getting a bid nervous that an XL might have been OK.

Since youvride this XL frame, can I ask how high you are?

Can't wait for it to arrive - just hope it looks alright in XXL :?

I'm 186cm tall. The XL with 120mm stem gives me a pretty aerodynamic position, more stretched out wouldn't be enjoyable. I already have a 90mm stem at home, but after a few rides I started to enjoy the added length when riding on the drops, so I'm keeping it for now.

You'll probably be fine with the XXL. Keep us posted!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HillRPete

by HillRPete

bikejunkie wrote:Nice bike you have there.

You should get some proper scales for a more accurate weight. :thumbup:

Cheers.

I'll probably try to shed some more weight to make sure the good scale stops below 7kg.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Of course it's still winter, but apart from the occasional outing of the beater bike in the rain just over 0°C, there's also work ongoing in the basement:

Tweaks coming for 2012:

• Yishun 44mm tubulars (not ridden yet)
  • Some saddle setback (still needs to be levelled)
  • 17° stem (soon to come)

The position looks way more aggressive on the photo than it actually is for me. Even in the drops with straight arms my back is rising a bit, so I have room to bend the elbows.

astranoc

by astranoc

Looking really badass with those wheels!

rockz

by rockz

LOVE THIS BIKE!!!

I've just purchased a 2012 Kharma Team - looks awesome and sits just under 8.0kg with pedals. (size large). Your bike inspires me to spend a bit more time/cash and make it a real lightweight machine (even though my last ride was a Giant Defy 3 Alloy clunker!)

The rims look awesome - big :thumbup:

redhed18

by redhed18

Anyone happen to know what the Kuota K03 cranksets weigh?

(sorry, found some specs after all...)
http://www.kuota.it/component.php?IDComponente=24
http://www.kuota.it/component.php?IDComponente=25

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Got my position pretty much dialled at last. The 17° stem gives me some room to tuck away my long arms. All that's left is gluing the tubs (earlier pic) and maybe more powerful brake calipers, then this will finally be done.

PS: Hmm I could definitely make use of lighter QRs, and there's some leeway in the seating zone. Oh and a light crank would be nice. It never ends. :mrgreen:

amnesia

by amnesia

Lovely !!!

I really like Kuotas 8)

toothache90

by toothache90

nice ride!!! but you'll be hard pushed to get below the UCI weight. easiest and most affordable is to lose weight yourself :D

dclari81

by dclari81

Nice bike there. I just got me a Kuota Kharma 2011 recently.

May i ask how do you adjust the saddle tilt? I want to tilt it slightly forward. But i cant seem to figure how to do it. :S

HillRPete

by HillRPete

dclari81, you have to loosen the seatpost's rear screw, tighten the front screw some more to get the tilt, and then re-tighten the rear one. You might need a few attempts to get the right tilt. It's a bit fiddly, but at least once the screws are tight, they stay tight.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

I have turned this bike into a TT rig and passed it on now. Going to be in tri duty, so the position is not very low, but the new owner seems to like it. Maybe I'll have to mod the seatpost to turn the setback into a forward offset in the future.
Looking forward to building my next Kuota over the coming days.