Italian translation help needed for custom road frame order

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

afie

by afie

Google Translate has helped me a little, but there are a few bike related terms I need to confirm:

Raggi - stem?
Lunghezza attacco - stem length
Piega - handlebars
Attacco - ?
Altezza - Height of what?
Altezza movimento - ?
Lunghezza carro - ?
Cromature - ?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Riccò "Of the 10 controls taken, only two were positive. In theory all the tests should have been positive, therefore the method needs to be checked," he said.

roca rule

by roca rule

i know that lunghezza~ lennght
so lunghezza carro i believe would be wheelbase
lunghezza attaco, is either reach or tt lenght
altezza by itself might mean stand over height
i would say attaco might mean reach or top tube lenght
but don't listen too much to what i have to say as i only speak spanish and my italian is basic at best.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tuercas

by tuercas

Movimento is the BB, so altezza movimento is the BB height.

tuercas

by tuercas

I don't want to contradict, but I thought attaco was the handlebar stem

hoggy

by hoggy

cant help with any translations but keen to hear where youre getting a custom italian frame :mrgreen:

roca rule

by roca rule

tuercas wrote:I don't want to contradict, but I thought attaco was the handlebar stem

do not worry i am not italian and it is very probable that i am wrong or that we both might be wrong.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

afie wrote:Google Translate has helped me a little, but there are a few bike related terms I need to confirm:

Raggi - stem?
Lunghezza attacco - stem length
Piega - handlebars
Attacco - ?
Altezza - Height of what?
Altezza movimento - ?
Lunghezza carro - ?
Cromature - ?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

I don't think you have written all the words but if I translate as you wrote this is what it translated to:

Raggi = Spokes
Lunghezza attacco = (There should be another word in that tells you what attachment like Lunghezza attacco manubrio = stem length)
Piega - manubrio = handlebars, Piega = fold (t would be the type of curves or fold the handlebars have)
Attacco - Attachment
Altezza - Height
Altezza movimento - Height of BB (should be l'altezza del movimento centrale)
Lunghezza carro - Chainstay length
Cromature - Chromed

Check this site out with pictures that have labels
http://www.bicisupport.it/?fuseaction=s ... a=3&id=390
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

afie

by afie

hoggy wrote:cant help with any translations but keen to hear where youre getting a custom italian frame :mrgreen:

Pegroretti Marcelo I am thinking. I need to order soon, but I had a spare day in North Italy in a few months that I was hoping to spend visiting him.

The order form is in Italian. I was hoping to be able to fill out as much as I can before I submit it.
Riccò "Of the 10 controls taken, only two were positive. In theory all the tests should have been positive, therefore the method needs to be checked," he said.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

afie wrote:
hoggy wrote:cant help with any translations but keen to hear where youre getting a custom italian frame :mrgreen:

Pegroretti Marcelo I am thinking. I need to order soon, but I had a spare day in North Italy in a few months that I was hoping to spend visiting him.

The order form is in Italian. I was hoping to be able to fill out as much as I can before I submit it.

I wouldn't worry about any of those terms if you are filling that form out. All Dario will need from you is the stuff above about you. The rest is what he divines from that for you!