new blog to show new pro kit

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

trtimothy

by trtimothy

Hi guys,

Basically rather than just droning on about new gear in cycling to my mates, I decided to write it down. Have a look if you fancy at:

http://cyclingspy.wordpress.com/

I've already covered:

Taylor Phinney's lace up giro shoes
11 speed Dura-Ace
Campag electronic TT shifters
New Vittoria tires

And several other things

Any thoughts would be glad to hear!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Nothing that hasn't been on CN already minus the photo credits. Lazy.

Plus you appear to be a little misinformed re Tony Martin's clinchers. TT's are only available in 23mm and I cannot find any reference to a 25mm version just for him. Plagiarism & inaccuracy in one, not bad!

trtimothy

by trtimothy

firstly you're wrong about the tires. they are custom 25mm Continental Grand Prix TT tires; he was using special 25mm tires due to the wet conditions on the course. They aren't publicly available though.

You're right of course, obviously the stuff I have has come off internet sites. Much as I'd like to, I can't afford to spend my life travelling pro bike races photographing gear....yet. If you want to read 3-4 sites for your information thats fine, my aim was to collate this into one blog. While some of the photos have come off CyclingNews, none of the information has.

And trust me if I was really being lazy, I wouldn't have bothered to write it ;-)

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

trtimothy wrote:firstly you're wrong about the tires. they are custom 25mm Continental Grand Prix TT tires; he was using special 25mm tires due to the wet conditions on the course. They aren't publicly available though.
fair comment

You're right of course, obviously the stuff I have has come off internet sites. Much as I'd like to, I can't afford to spend my life travelling pro bike races photographing gear....yet. If you want to read 3-4 sites for your information thats fine, my aim was to collate this into one blog. While some of the photos have come off CyclingNews, none of the information has.

And trust me if I was really being lazy, I wouldn't have bothered to write it ;-)
To the bolded, I call BS.

trtimothy

by trtimothy

If you can find any info on that blog that has been copied and pasted from CyclingNews I'll delete it. There simply isn't. For example you won't find anything on CyclingNews about Taylor Phinney's shoes. If I write about a tire and say its black and round then CyclingNews does the same it doesn't make what I wrote invalid or mean that I just plagiarised. Obviously if we both write about cycle kit there will be similarities.

Disappointed to hear you don't like it anyway. Hopefully others will.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

It's the use of a photographer's pictures with no credit and, I suspect no permission either. Anyone can rehash the information so it is on the face of it original, but your posts are days later than CN, VN or any other site you've been inspired by.

Raceright

by Raceright

This is going well isn't it! :)

trtimothy

by trtimothy

haha not great. however in response to picture comment, just a few things:

Taylor Phinney's shoes: his twitter, clearly wanted people to see them
Castelli jersey: Castelli's own promo photo (not going to object)
Tony Martin: Continental's promo shot (not going to object)
Oakley: also promo photos.
11-speed Dura-Ace: VeloNews, acknowledged

and so on. I've tried not to just rip people off. That's not the point. Was just aiming to try and make a relatively interesting blog, regarding stuff some people here might appreciate. Also I fail to see how my posts are days older than cycling news etc. when most of them refer to tech that has just been released at the Giro d'Italia (with the exception of some of the stuff like the Castelli gabba jersey and new Oakley radars, just didn't fancy having blog with one post, and trying to tell people it might be worth reading....although it's clearly not ;-) )

principiamacb

by principiamacb

I think its good. Well done!

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

trtimothy wrote:haha not great. however in response to picture comment, just a few things:

Taylor Phinney's shoes: his twitter, clearly wanted people to see them
Castelli jersey: Castelli's own promo photo (not going to object)
Tony Martin: Continental's promo shot (not going to object)
Oakley: also promo photos.
11-speed Dura-Ace: VeloNews, acknowledged

and so on. I've tried not to just rip people off. That's not the point. Was just aiming to try and make a relatively interesting blog, regarding stuff some people here might appreciate. Also I fail to see how my posts are days older than cycling news etc. when most of them refer to tech that has just been released at the Giro d'Italia (with the exception of some of the stuff like the Castelli gabba jersey and new Oakley radars, just didn't fancy having blog with one post, and trying to tell people it might be worth reading....although it's clearly not ;-) )
Your actual blog is interesting and quite well written commentary, the Gaerne piece in particular. But I still have an issue with your use of images that are simply lifted in full or cropped from other sites with no credit to the photographer. I cannot believe that Roberto Bettini gave you the right to use the Pozzovivo for free, nor that Jeff Jones did the same for his pics of Vittoria & Campag. Having wanted to use images from photographers in the past I can attest to the fact that it is never free, at the very least it costs a credit but more often than not it costs hard cash.

BTW Tony Martin's pic is not a Continental picture, it is an photo that Conti have bought from a photographer or agency.

NS

by NS

@ ultimobici Is it that time of the month?? Ladies week? Or do you just have sand in your vagina?

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

NS wrote:@ ultimobici Is it that time of the month?? Ladies week? Or do you just have sand in your vagina?

Point taken. I'll just leave it.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Nothing that cannot be popped in the Pro Cycling discussion.

Ta :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com