Fizik Arione CX Carbon Saddle with Carbon Rails

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lafolie

by Lafolie

I would love to get some feedback on this saddle. If you own one or previously owned one, what are they like? Thanks very much.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Geoff

by Geoff

I have a few. They seem fine. The shell is identically-shaped to the rest of the Airone line. The rails have proven durable and fit Record posts well. The Record posts do not have the same setback as lots of 'modern' posts, so I need to run the saddles back on the rails. There is just enough room on the carbon rails for me (and Nibali). If you need a lot of setback, you may be better off with a Ti-railed saddle.

Rippin

by Rippin

Best saddle I have used in all my years of cycling. Is it perfect? No, but ticks almost all of the boxes for me. Saddles are such a personal thing, so for me to tell you why it fits me will probably do no good for you. Well constructed, reasonably light, right amount of padding. A bit spendy, but you can find them on sale or on eBay for a better price. Never had a problem with the carbon rails. I'd buy this saddle again.
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)

daj

by daj

I loved every aspect of the Arione except for the part where it made my balls numb after a while. So unfortunately not the saddle for me but maybe for you? It's hard to say: it's a saddle and everybody's backside is different.

Roobay

by Roobay

All my bikes with the exception on one have CX Carbon fitted, the other is Anatares00
I have looked for saddles to better it and for me its perfect, and balance of lightness
and comfort at a good price weighing in at 149 grms and 145 with the plastic insert taken out
they deffinately give a great ride.
I would personally go to a Fizik test centre and try one (if they still make them :noidea: )
Failing that they do have a new version of it out now, but i dont have that saddle.
:beerchug:
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

jvanv8

by jvanv8

Other than they run closer to 200 grams than the claimed 159, it's a good saddle than I never had much of an issue with.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

Lafolie

by Lafolie

I was wondering if there is much difference in the padding between the Arione CX Carbon and the regular Arione?

Rippin

by Rippin

I have the regular and the CX carbon. The padding is thinner and more dense on the CX carbon version.
Last edited by Rippin on Mon May 14, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

The CX flexes slightly more down on the sides, as compared to a regular Arione, resulting in a little bit narrower saddle.

Andrewjn

by Andrewjn

I suffered through the arione stage of my life for about 4 years , trying various set ups and angles. Got a Cx on ebay and it did make things more comfortable but as the earlier poster said about numbness was the case for me. Sometimes you just have to listen to your body. Went for a shorter nosed Pave which was an improvement and one day trialled a Prologo Evo Nack and it was all over. The CX is expensive but an improvement on the standard arione, but make sure that you suit the Fizik style of saddles before shelling out

Rippin

by Rippin

Thing is, you don't really know until you try...and that usually means buying, riding it, then selling it...(unless you have a LBS that has a good demo program). Luckily there are thousands out there who have purchased a saddle that you want that wasn't a good fit for them and you could get them on fleaBay at a considerable discount. If I were to add up how many $$$ I've spent on saddles trying to get a better fit...
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lafolie

by Lafolie

Thanks guys...much appreciated!