HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:41 pm 

Thanks for the Pics of JP's new bike casaran!

Beavis is right, JP's own site even says Cervelo is still his main sponsor but he is riding MiPoZo bikes.

Along w/ Jonathan Page and Colavita, there are other domestic US teams that don't do cross, so you get road riders racing for cross-only teams: Tim Johnson (somewhere inbetween JitteryJoes and Health Net) on Louis Garneau-Cyclocrossworld.com and Jackson Stewart (Kodak Gallery / Sierra Nevada) on ClifShot.

Casaran, how did they do in Belgium? I was at the Fitchburg Longsjo Stage Race (small 4 stage race here in the Massachusetts) and I remember the announcers calling out Mark McCormack saying he was fresh off a win in Belgium, although I couldn't find any results on Cyclingnews.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:37 pm 
WW of the Year 2005

Skyleth wrote:
Casran, how did they do in Belgium? I was at the Fitchburg Longsjo Stage Race (small 4 stage race here in the Massachusetts) and I remember the announcers calling out Mark McCormack saying he was fresh off a win in Belgium, although I couldn't find any results on Cyclingnews.

Oh, they weren't bad here in Belgium with Colavita team. But they only came over to do some smaller race in the "kermesse" circuit; here almost every village yearly has his own race, at least one. Thus every weekend there are lots of races on a rather small surface, but lots of riders as well. This kind of races have a maximum length of 120km (so the first lap isn't a warming up: it racing hard from start to finish) and have laps from 6 to 14km each. Competition here is on a very good level, so doing some of these races gives you a good competition form: I think Colavita did 3 or 4 of these in about 10 days. You won't find results of these smaller races on Cyclingnews; on the flemish website www.wielerparcours.com you will find them all.

Colavita was here in May. The race in my village, Aalter, was on May 5th. The Colavita guys managed to be with three man in the 15 man (photo 1) brakeaway but couldn't beat the favorits, the duo Willems-Cocquyt (the all white guy on photo 1): two teammates that are used to do half the race in front. It was my last race before stopping for my universitary exams, so I didn't personnally raced for a perfect result but to show myself to my fans (I attacked time and again in the first laps; I'm second on photo 2).
McCormack indeed won such a race a few days later, but for a guy of his level he might be supposed to make a good chance in these races... I thought he escaped with Bobby Julich on the US Pros...

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:37 pm 

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4