disc cyclocross open molds?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kevin3182

by Kevin3182

Hey!
I saw a guy riding the other day on a unlabeled (assuming chinese open mold) disc cyclocross frame set up as a road bike. It looked hott! anyhow, i looked around and saw one frame on alibaba. Have you seen anything? and may be a dumb question but are mtb hubs used for wheels on this sort of set up? if i can track down one of these frames the idea of some hand bulit disc wheels crossed my mind.

Thanks in advance :D :D

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

I bought one frame from alibaba. With road wheels my bike is just below 8kg. Here is link to my post.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=98764&p=838637&hilit=dirty+disco#p838637
I really like the frame. It would be perfect, if the cables would have been inside the tubes..This feels like road bike
because the bb drop is allmost like on the road bikes and not like some cyclocross frames (forexaple Ridley).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hobe

by hobe

kampiakseli wrote:I bought one frame from alibaba. With road wheels my bike is just below 8kg. Here is link to my post.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=98764&p=838637&hilit=dirty+disco#p838637" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I really like the frame. It would be perfect, if the cables would have been inside the tubes..This feels like road bike
because the bb drop is allmost like on the road bikes and not like some cyclocross frames (forexaple Ridley).

Which one was this from Alibaba? The SP-AC024? How was the ordering process?

sanrensho

by sanrensho

hobe wrote:Which one was this from Alibaba? The SP-AC024? How was the ordering process?

I'm also interested in details about the price and ordering process, if you care to share them.

Thanks.

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

Hi,
my model is SP-AC024 and the ordering proses was wery smooth! I got exellent service from the seller and all my emails was answered on the same day.

bones

by bones

I just checked Alibaba. Typed in disc brake carbon road frame, and I found like 5 frames. I think the number of OEM carbon disc frames and forks are becoming more numerous which is a good thing for us.

2002maniac

by 2002maniac

hobe wrote:
kampiakseli wrote:I bought one frame from alibaba. With road wheels my bike is just below 8kg. Here is link to my post.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=98764&p=838637&hilit=dirty+disco#p838637" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which one was this from Alibaba? The SP-AC024? How was the ordering process?

I like the looks of that.

Miller

by Miller

Just to revive an old thread, I am contemplating one of these AC024 frames for a winter/wet weather bike build and have a few questions.

The AC024 frame seems to be available from several sellers. Are all open-mould frames created equal, like, are some better than others and if so how would you tell, or is it just a gamble?

One description says it is suitable for 140mm disc rotors. Is this likely to be true or can one use adaptors depending on the disc diameter? (I am not fully familiar with discs.)

What can one do for mudguards (fenders) on a frame like this?

ZachUA

by ZachUA

I am interested in this frame as well. I wish that it could be ordered through Dengfu or Hongfu. I am not sure I trust alibaba. Which seller on alibaba is trustworthy?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com