New powermeter rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KWalker

by KWalker

You don't need a fork mount sensor with a PC7- you can pair a Garmin speed/cadence pod under the DuoTrap option.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

karmaportrait

by karmaportrait

Laser-Spoke just sent out an update, have a promo video and are taking funding on their site

roca rule

by roca rule

STARNUT wrote:Does anyone else find it hilarious that this thread was started in 2009 and 45 pages and we're still not seeing this stuff?

Starnut

it is specially when everybody, has been talking about
brim brothers cleat system, metrigear/garmin pedal, and look/polar pedal for years and nothing. and we have the power2max which did not created a buzz and has already stablish an online shop for europe and one for noth america.

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

STARNUT wrote:Does anyone else find it hilarious that this thread was started in 2009 and 45 pages and we're still not seeing this stuff?

Starnut

Stop it you. My Zero Gravity crankset is coming any day now just for these pedals...
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

jmilliron

by jmilliron

And I'm putting them on my BMC Impec.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Starnut

True.

But then brands prematurely 'leaking' information on an 'upcoming' product that is realistically years off but stops riders buying from a competitor (plenty of evidence of that in here) is nothing new in cycling.

ChristianB

by ChristianB

Starnut

Indeed, except I have a pair of Keo Power lying at homw waiting for family holidays to end. Will post pics and weights next week, review after using them for while.

Geoff

by Geoff

Speaking of new PowerMeters, the proto SRM DA 9000 looks like it could be pretty neat. Same 7800 arms, though...

JensW

by JensW

Starnut

But they had the polar power pedals in shop when i was in spain, so some of the "new" sorts on powermeters have started to get out on the market :D

Tumppi

by Tumppi

JensW wrote:

Starnut

But they had the polar power pedals in shop when i was in spain, so some of the "new" sorts on powermeters have started to get out on the market :D

Our team have Polar power pedals in use. :thumbup: So if you need power meter which is easy to setup, light and very fast change to another bike, why wait for Garmin exustar pedals which are delayed or maybe cancelled totally. These Polar pedals really work.

http://www.pellossalo.fi/content/uploads/images/full/MMGP2385.JPG

darkblue08

by darkblue08

Because Polar dont do ANT+ :(

stevei

by stevei

JensW wrote:But they had the polar power pedals in shop when i was in spain, so some of the "new" sorts on powermeters have started to get out on the market :D

There were limited quantities on general sale in the UK as long ago as Dec 2011.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Tumppi wrote:Our team have Polar power pedals in use. :thumbup: So if you need power meter which is easy to setup, light and very fast change to another bike, why wait for Garmin exustar pedals which are delayed or maybe cancelled totally.

darkblue08 wrote:Because Polar dont do ANT+ :(

But Garmin doesn't do anything*.

* except as of now, emit vapors, although I have no doubt that they and their predecessor Metrigear had the best of intentions to actually release a product

darkblue08

by darkblue08

Garmin does make an excelent computer, that works with ant+. Others make excellent ant+ powermeters. If you wanna go for Polar you are forced to use their pedal, at their price with their clipless system of their choice.

livio livius

by livio livius

Do not know if this already was shown a laserspoke powermeter http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... -RIowhPTKw

Yet an other alternative.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com