Front hub to match Powertap SL+

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bricky21

by bricky21

Hey guy's, I've decided to get back into power based training and bought a Powertap SL+. It's the silver alloy and carbon hub(32 hole). Sorry, I didn't have time to find a picture.

I would like to find a 24 hole front hub that goes really well with it(preferably a carbon alloy mix), so I'm looking for some good ideas.

Thanks for the help.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Official cafe stop tester

bricky21

by bricky21

Yep. sorry, should have stated that I have visited all the obvious places and seen the powertap front hub. I'm looking for something with some carbon in it. I was hoping to come up with some ideas even if they're no longer available and I have to wait for one to pop up on ebay.

Mile Ditch

by Mile Ditch

old Nuke Proof?

bricky21

by bricky21

Thanks Mile Ditch thats right in line with what I'm after. Will be on the look out. :beerchug:

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Mile Ditch wrote:old Nuke Proof?

Nuke Proof??????? They were sh1Te when they were new, nevermind how old they will be now... :wink:

There was another carbon wrapped hub from a few years back, but i cant think who made it.

I was in the same boat- I was always a bit miffed that i couldn't find a matching front to go with the PT. I'm sure the fronts used to be all alloy.
But i saw that with the carbon inserts and took the plunge. To be fair, it's a lot better looking in real life :o
Official cafe stop tester

veganeric

by veganeric

Since you're willing to wait, I'd send Jure an elf and have him wrap a cosmetic layer between the flanges. You'll get the look you're after without having to sacrifice any performance.

adriano

by adriano

whatever hub and some 3k vinyl.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com