lightest solution to install 1 1/8 fork on Cannondale frame?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Sandal

by Sandal

hey guys!

please help: my new built on Flash frame + 1 1\8 SID fork is almost ready, but missing one last small but critical part - headset. Actually i have the original headset for Lefty fork, but obviously it doesn't work. i've bought 1.5 - 1.1\8 reducer for lower crown but it doesn't fork for C'dal headset. it's simply different. Also i've bought the "problem solver" = shim for upper crown to install conventional headset, but it's 75g! :doh:

can you advise WW solution to install the old school fork on C'dale? practival advice is very appreciated!

thanks!
Sandal
weight concerned = good, weight obsessed = bad!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sandal

by Sandal

ok than guys.... the WW solution was found with a local turner. He has made two custom racers for me + i used a conventional expansion shim on the top against stearing tube. All together turned to be 30g. Not bad ;)
Attachments
IMAG2121.jpg
weight concerned = good, weight obsessed = bad!

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

Hello, I actually hopped into the internet trying to find the same exact solution. I just got a Flash carbon ultimate 26'' frame without headset, and I have a DT swiss XRC100 standard straight 1/8 tube waiting for a frame for the past several month! I'm so exited to star the fun!

So I need to find now a headset, also trying to find were to buy and what brands are out there making those.....and of course.....light!

Any tips?

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

Found it at this store: http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/Cannon ... p_304.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It comes with some extra parts and here is what I needed and weight:

81g is including all necessary parts.

just in case you want to know by parts:

2x

2x

1x
1x