Mallorca again

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Snabb

by Snabb

So I`m going to Mallorca for some riding and vacation in june, it will be my 5th time there.
This time I`m not bringing my own bike so I would like some help with where I can rent a good quality bike in Palma, I have searched the forum and have found some old lists but would like some new input.

Also recommend me 3 really good rides that starts in Palma that you have ridden. Just bought my first Garmin so I am really excited to get some good routes.

Cheers!
Ride lots!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Liggero

by Liggero

I recommend you to search on the most famous spanish gps tracks site; wikiloc.com

have fun.
Happy Trails !!!

Snabb

by Snabb

Thanks, I will check it out + Strava

:beerchug:
Ride lots!

Sam

by Sam

I'm flying down to Mallorca tonight to bike there for 3 days. Bringing my own bike. My first time in Mallorca and the first time I'm outside Sweden with the bike.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Welcome! Bring sunscreen!

benwat48

by benwat48

Nice in Mallorca, good site wikiloc.com

Snabb

by Snabb

Sam wrote:I'm flying down to Mallorca tonight to bike there for 3 days. Bringing my own bike. My first time in Mallorca and the first time I'm outside Sweden with the bike.

Mallorca is a great place to ride your bike. You will have a great time:)

Leviathan wrote:Welcome! Bring sunscreen!

Thanks! :beerchug:
Ride lots!

Snabb

by Snabb

Ok, it was way to hot, 35 degrees celsius. I`ll comeback next year in the spring :thumbup:
Ride lots!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I would love to go to Mallorca, but not when it is 35 degrees Celsius (a bit toasty for me). Any recommendations on the best time of year to cycle there... fewer tourists, moderate temperatures, etc.? I will do my research (consider this the starting point), but I'm sure some of you have cycled there at various times during the year or even live in the area and might be able to give me a couple quick pointers to get me started.
Thanks.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

garethm872

by garethm872

Our club tries to get over twice a year. First trip is usually end April / beginning of May. Weather's great for cycling - 20-28degrees.
The Alcudia Ironman normally takes place on the first Saturday in May, and with thousands of competitors taking part there is a nice buzz about the island the week leading up to the race.

For the past few years we've also had an end of season trip normally at the beginning of October. We've always had great weather and temperatures are similar to May.

We stay up north in Club Pollentia Resort just outside Alcudia. It's a perfect base - good food, bikes can stay in the room and the majority of guests are cyclists. You'll not get any funny looks in this hotel when you walk down to the restaurant for breakfast wearing your cycling kit!

Leviathan

by Leviathan

1st 10 days of October. Even November. Avoid 2nd half of March and April unless you like descending with 450 tourists on their first time on a hairpin. It scares the t**ts off me. !
Failing that, Trencagarrons, usually around 20th Sept, is a great event and a good time to come...http://www.trencagarrons.com/

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Thanks so much, good info to start with. Sounds like October might be a good time for me. And if I could swing arriving a bit earlier, that trecagarrons ride sounds fabulous.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djm

by djm

I had a great time two weeks ago - in spite of the max temp on one of my 6h rides being 39°C :-)

It wasn't a big issue for me as long as I remembered to dress appropriately, drink enough and have a few stops to refill the bottles and grab some soda.. I wasn't able to eat much though, but got lots of nutrition from soda, sugared coffee and some Clif gel shot bloks.

Also there wasn't as much traffic as I had feared, and most were cautious when driving. I would have expected worse given the amount of fellow Norwegians in rentals raving about the island.