can we upload more component weights please

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
righty

by righty

I have only been a member for a short while and correct me if I am wrong but but I have noticed that there doesn't seem to be enough uploading of weights, for example in the frames section there are only 20 listings for 2006- present with a few duplicate manufacturers.Being WW I am sure we all weigh things when we get hold of new items but we are maybe forgetting to share with the forum.
:smartass:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jipperd

by jipperd

At this moment the listing on the weightweenies.starbike homepage won't be used anymore. On this forum you'll find a listing section with the option to give input for it. Thus way we can upload the information. You find it over here: viewforum.php?f=100

righty

by righty

ok thanks :D

bn880

by bn880

I've been adding weights on the web for example here http://weightweenies.starbike.com/submi ... discbrakes and nothing is showing up in either the new listings on the forum nor the old thing on the web. Now I find some odd new listings in the forum that also have very few components listed... confusing.

I'd like to suggest you clean this mess up and unify your old and new listings and present them online (website). This is becoming kind of pointless otherwise, and it's not even noted on the website that the list is no longer updated/in use http://weightweenies.starbike.com/listi ... onents.php

This really reminds me of some freeware linux projects that are more of a time consumer to use than to write from scratch. :noidea:

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

bn880,

Like Jipperd has said. the old listings are obsolete, we are now using the web based listings that you can find in the link he supplied. If you think that there are not enough weights submitted I suggest you reach a helping hand and submit the weights you have to that spreadsheet.

Thanks,

Frank
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Frankie,

I think bn880 makes a valid point. There is a Listings tab at the top of every page. Yet nowhere at the linked web page is it mentioned that new listings are somewhere else. There is even an invitation to submit new listings if you click on a category within that page, and the copyright at the bottom of the page is 2000-2012, which would make you think it's up to date.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

True that. I'm contacting Florian.
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

zephxiii

by zephxiii

Yes can fix please it is really misleading i added stuff to that too....and finding the actual page is not exactly easy.

thewatchtech

by thewatchtech

Is the "new" spreadsheet listing function working properly. I've a couple of items in the past few weeks and they don't appear in their respective categories. Is there a lag time for review by mods or the like or am I missing something? BTW, these were unique items - i.e., not duplicates of things already submitted/listed.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

There is a lag time for moderators to check the weights. I have uploaded weights as well. those have to surface as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Donny70

by Donny70

Hell of a lot more up to date. Excellent!