Shanghai Bike Show pics

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

prendrefeu wrote:
phallenthoul wrote:
prendrefeu wrote:You are manufacturing in the same factory as Storck??

Awesome. :twisted:

yep..Exile Plus, Exile Ultimate and the new Exile II are all made by Carbotec, the same factory as Storck and many others.

May I ask where the Hyper is/was made?

Topkey

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

MajorMantra wrote:It's depressing how brazen companies like Malak are about ripping off Pinarello.

Thanks for the pictures! But could you turn off the date stamp please? :wink:

Malak didnt copy Pina, someone else did that and they sold the fake Dogma/Prince frames on Ebay.
Malak is just some retards reselling the fake frames under their own brand..

ok no date next time..

elviento

by elviento

Malak is apparently claiming to be "French" as well. Not much worth seeing at SH Show this time, frankly.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

elviento wrote:Malak is apparently claiming to be "French" as well. Not much worth seeing at SH Show this time, frankly.

well according to themselves, they're "France"..

adriano

by adriano

its a bit troubling that any old guy with no experience in cycling design can get a chinese factory to pump out a full range.

bones

by bones

Yeah, can we move off the Malak/Pinarello thing. Both of them are ugly. Malak didn't copy off of Pinarello. And Pinarello didn't copy off Malak. The factory already had the design long before Pinarello decided to license it for its use. Pinarello was not the first to ever do a curvy fork or seatstays. I'm sure Hetchins in the UK would agree with that.

And one other thing. The Specialized girl in the photo is better looking than the Malak girl. Both are attractive, but I'm just saying since the original poster thought the Malak girl was the hottest girl at the show. It was probably because she had less clothes on. That seems to make a difference.

And another thing. More disc road bike pics please.

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

bones wrote:It was probably because she had less clothes on. That seems to make a difference.

i see what you did there

caseycycling

by caseycycling

The Chinese version on the Cormia and Lightweight wheels look interesting, I wonder what the weights could/will be in production. Thanks for the pictures @phallenthoul.

And I guess I am one of the minority who just does not see the need for a road bike with disc brakes.

pastronef

by pastronef

a chinese knock off of copy a BMC frame (guess srl01) was said to be presented and the show

http://ffparts.en.alibaba.com/product/5 ... frame.html

bones

by bones

pastronef wrote:a chinese knock off of copy a BMC frame (guess srl01) was said to be presented and the show

http://ffparts.en.alibaba.com/product/5 ... frame.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's the real deal without paint from the factory that made them. Not a knockoff. No idea though how someone was able to get these frames for resale though. If I had to guess I would say that there are some factory workers that are probably trying to make a few extra bucks involved.

Miller

by Miller

pastronef wrote:a chinese knock off of copy a BMC frame (guess srl01) was said to be presented and the show

Am I the only one that laughed at the 'report suspicious activity' link below the photo of the BMC knock-off?

bones wrote:Really, really poor design by Wilier on the drive-side chainstay cable exit point of the rear shift cable. The exit point should be at the top or back of the chainstay, not below it. Look at it. The cable interferes with fast wheel changes.

Not saying you're wrong but I note it's an electronic group and that's just a control cable on quite a short run. Maybe the electronic cables being thinner and more flexible give designers more scope for variation. On another note, I was looking at a UI2 bike the other day and the cable into the rear mech seemed worryingly thin and flexible. Are these cables prone to damage in the real world or is that a groundless worry?

bones

by bones

Miller wrote:
bones wrote:Really, really poor design by Wilier on the drive-side chainstay cable exit point of the rear shift cable. The exit point should be at the top or back of the chainstay, not below it. Look at it. The cable interferes with fast wheel changes.

Not saying you're wrong but I note it's an electronic group and that's just a control cable on quite a short run. Maybe the electronic cables being thinner and more flexible give designers more scope for variation. On another note, I was looking at a UI2 bike the other day and the cable into the rear mech seemed worryingly thin and flexible. Are these cables prone to damage in the real world or is that a groundless worry?

Electronic rear shift wire still gets in the way of a wheel change when the cable exit point is below the rear chainstay. Its all about making fast wheel changes. That's why most other companies have moved the cable exit point to above the chainstay or at the back of the chainstay leaving an unobstructed path for the wheel to travel in and out of the dropouts. Stupid Wilier design on that particular frame.

notsoswift

by notsoswift

Looks like the wheels are fallig off at Specialized for their McLaren, no wait only the E's

jsinclair

by jsinclair

bones wrote:Yeah, can we move off the Malak/Pinarello thing. Both of them are ugly. Malak didn't copy off of Pinarello. And Pinarello didn't copy off Malak. The factory already had the design long before Pinarello decided to license it for its use.

Is there any topic about which you haven't formed a factually incorrect opinion yet?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MajorMantra

by MajorMantra

jsinclair wrote:
bones wrote:Yeah, can we move off the Malak/Pinarello thing. Both of them are ugly. Malak didn't copy off of Pinarello. And Pinarello didn't copy off Malak. The factory already had the design long before Pinarello decided to license it for its use.

Is there any topic about which you haven't formed a factually incorrect opinion yet?

:lol: